Corsair Introduces Strafe Mechanical Gaming Keyboard With Cherry MX Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me the big deal with key specific backlighting? I mean, if you're changing key colors to highlight specific keys, isn't that only useful when you're constantly looking at your keyboard? Do you really hunt for the right key all that often? The only use for this that comes immediately to mind is for the video editing pro.

BigTinz

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
You gotta wonder why they chose to integrate the media keys into the F row while leaving the area above the number pad blank...

Also, what's the deal with sticking to that non standard bottom row?

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Can someone tell me the big deal with key specific backlighting? I mean, if you're changing key colors to highlight specific keys, isn't that only useful when you're constantly looking at your keyboard? Do you really hunt for the right key all that often? The only use for this that comes immediately to mind is for the video editing pro.

Its for the bling... its all just a cosmetic thing. I have the rgb veng board and it only works as a cool factor to go with any mood/theme you have.

I get the idea of RGB lighting for the entire board. You get backlit keys for working in low light, but you can change it to match whatever color scheme you've got going on. I could even understand sections, so your WASD, number row, F-keys, tenkey, and such can each be different colors to have main and accent colors on the whole board. But per-key RGB? So the W is red, Y is yellow, Enter is purple, . . .

f-14

Distinguished
for flight sims it's great because you use a joystick and a throttle and any keyboard command you need you can keep the board in your peripheral and by the pattern know what keys are where when you can take your hand off the throttle to hit your key combo. any body whose ever fought SAMS & AA while ground pounding knows the value of this which becomes even more crucial when you get fighter interceptors involved also 6 SAM's SA-6 SA-3 SA-2 coming at you from all directions along with KS19's AAA and some silly Mig or Su dropping down on you from angels 15 or up is all it takes to see the benefit of a keyboard like this. especially when you have to make it all happen in 30 seconds.

what would make every one really appreciate all this would be a modern X-Wing or Tie Fighter /X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter series.

Fair point, games that have a huge number of keybinds. Similar to the video editor then.

And I wouldn't mind an updated X-Wing vs TIE Fighter either.

Thanks. I was kinda expecting this info inside the article, it's one of the few things that gets always mentioned when it comes down to mechanical KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.