Review Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile Gaming Keyboard Review: Slim Complications

Sep 10, 2018
LOL, everyone has their own opinions. I have the Mk1 with Silver speed and the mk2 with low profile silver speed and I prefer the low profile for typing, don't mind the wrist rest but prefer the media keys on the Mk1 and not the big bulky ones on the mk2.

The typing sound is quite different between the 2 as well, the low profile are a lot quieter.

howiejcee

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Yeah, 3 of the cons are personal preference/opinions:

• "Terrible wrist wrest" - I actually like it. It has enough texture and the material has a slightly rubbery feel making it feel not too hard and not too "sticky" especially when sweaty. One thing I did notice though is that the corners were pretty sharp so I filed/rounded them a little (only took a few seconds to do).

• "Questionable key feel" - This keyboard replaces my old K70 Lux RGB Cherry MX Silent, and I can type faster and more accurately on this RapidFire one. It feels more responsive too due to the Cherry MX Speed keys but these are certainly noticeably louder than the MX Silent ones.

• "Clunky Cable" - I've owned several higher end gaming keyboards and while this cable feels somewhat more rigid due to its outer braided layer, it also seems much more durable and less prone to damage from pinching or abrasion. Higher flexibility would be an improvement but that could take away from its durability which is more important imo. You don't want the hassle of repairing or replacing a keyboard due to a cable failure...
I do agree that these keyboards are somewhat pricey though.

Yeah, 3 of the cons are personal preference/opinions:

• "Terrible wrist wrest" - I actually like it. It has enough texture and the material has a slightly rubbery feel making it feel not too hard and not too "sticky" especially when sweaty. One thing I did notice though is that the corners were pretty sharp so I filed/rounded them a little (only took a few seconds to do).

• "Questionable key feel" - This keyboard replaces my old K70 Lux RGB Cherry MX Silent, and I can type faster and more accurately on this RapidFire one. It feels more responsive too due to the Cherry MX Speed keys but these are certainly noticeably louder than the MX Silent ones.

• "Clunky Cable" - I've owned several higher end gaming keyboards and while this cable feels somewhat more rigid due to its outer braided layer, it also seems much more durable and less prone to damage from pinching or abrasion. Higher flexibility would be an improvement but that could take away from its durability which is more important imo. You don't want the hassle of repairing or replacing a keyboard due to a cable failure...
I do agree that these keyboards are somewhat pricey though.

Corsair keyboards have always been a bit pricey. But to be fair they have also always been good build and strong quality pieces. My K90 is nbow 7 years old and short of the numlock LED going out, the keyboard is in pretty damn good shape. The cable looks brand new as well. I have been using it as a work keyboard because screw the wireless dome key crap they give us, plus I have a K95 RGB at home so it was just collecting dust.

I agree most of the cons themselevs are personal preference. I know people who only buy Cherry MX browns and others who only buy blues. Some like the clicky feeling others don't. Hell I know some people who love dome based keyboards. I mean they are special people but still what they prefer is what they prefer.