Corsair K95 RGB or Razer Blackwidow Chroma?

myulz

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
Thanks for checking out my thread! Today I'm wondering whether to get the Corsair K95 RGB or the Razer Blackwidow Chroma. I have reasons for both so bear with me.

Razer Blackwidow Chroma - I have the matching mouse, the lighting is said to be better, simpler program for color customization, usb and audio ports on the side

K95 RGB - 18 macro keys (will be used for hotkeys for streaming), more color customization options, multimedia keys, opt. wrist rest

So what would you pick, the matching blackwidow or the more functional K95? (btw if you can tell me what key switches to get if you pick the K95 that would be great)

Thanks!

Solution
I would go with the k95 assuming price isn't a factor. As for the Blackwidow the only reason you may want that is if your really intent on having it match your mouse because usb on keyboards has never had a great track record for me (though I have never bought a really high end keyboard) and the color customization is going to be adjusted seldom if at all so the convenience factor shouldn't weigh too heavily in your decision. hope this helps.

Ty_14

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I would go with the k95 assuming price isn't a factor. As for the Blackwidow the only reason you may want that is if your really intent on having it match your mouse because usb on keyboards has never had a great track record for me (though I have never bought a really high end keyboard) and the color customization is going to be adjusted seldom if at all so the convenience factor shouldn't weigh too heavily in your decision. hope this helps.

Solution

lubica

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
I have a K70 Vengence RGB and my room mate has a K95 RGB and we both actually agree that the K70 is better but neither of us can explain why. Just my opinion from experience with both. And yes Razer mechanical switches are cheap chinese ones and The Corsair keyboards come in a variety of cherry switches

Chinswag

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015

Corsair has proper mechanical switches from Cherry. Razor has its own. I am guessing that it will be easier and cheaper to buy replacement Cherry MX switches as there are many retailers compared to Razer's mechanical switches which can be bought only from Razer . Other than that no real difference. Both are good.

K70 or k95. To be honest, Razer is all that good. I had once gotten a keyboard from them, broke only after a month. Contacted em, and got a refund. I got a k30, has atleast lasted me about 6 months and counting... knock on wood...

Go for the k70. Most decent to price comparison really.