Corsair Launches RGBshare, Keyboard Owners Can Download Killer Lighting Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
I wish there was single standard for customizable keyboard lighting so games can play with them better. It would be better than having things like this and AlienFX to be separate.

Deus Vex

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
I'm into music production as well as gaming, and a big fan of all things RGB. As soon as I saw this keyboard and its awesome lights I run straight to Amazon to buy one.......until I seen the $160 price! Yea right! I'll install some RGB led bulbs into my existing cheap keyboard before I fork over that kind of cash. I'm sure the price of the materials is nowhere near what they're charging!

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I bought one and hated the key height and the programming. I thought I could get used to the feel of the keyboard, but never did and returned it. Got the Logitech G710 and really like the key height - the Logi works better for me than any of the Corsair KBs.

Cool they finally got a centralized spot for programming since programming the thing was a major PIA.

I wish there was single standard for customizable keyboard lighting so games can play with them better. It would be better than having things like this and AlienFX to be separate.
Would be nice, but that will never happen.
Im not totally up to speed with these keyboards, but can you individually program each key for colours to match a game keybinding profile? That would be useful.

I'm into music production as well as gaming, and a big fan of all things RGB. As soon as I saw this keyboard and its awesome lights I run straight to Amazon to buy one.......until I seen the $160 price! Yea right! I'll install some RGB led bulbs into my existing cheap keyboard before I fork over that kind of cash. I'm sure the price of the materials is nowhere near what they're charging!

Any decent keyboard will cost over $100 bucks. And honestly I can't use a non mechanical keyboard anymore. It just feels weird compared to my K90.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
You do realize that the keys themselves are etched so that the light shine through the key to illuminate the actual characters on the keys. Just putting lights under the keys on a normal keyboard will only shine light around the edges, and will make the keyboard difficult to see in dim lighting conditions. Also why do some people insist that prices must not exceed the cost of materials? You also must factor in the price of design, labor, advertising, distribution, factories, office space, ect. They also provide the service described in this article.

M-31

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
Yeh, yeh, yeh...these backlit keyboards have been around for awhile now...What's the point?...Answer: their simply a gimmick for manufactures to make money off the fan boys who crave this kind of baloney. Who wants to have light pollution glaring up in their eyes from a keyboard when your looking at your screen while gaming?
#1. It ruins the emersion effect while gaming.
#2. You should never have to look down at your keyboard while gaming... all your attention and focus should be on your screen.

Backlit dome style have been, yes. But not RGB backlit mechanical.

And it may break your immersion but I want one so I can make it match the color of my system setup (red and white) plus the ability to mark out certain keys for games is interesting.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Yeh, yeh, yeh...these backlit keyboards have been around for awhile now...What's the point?...Answer: their simply a gimmick for manufactures to make money off the fan boys who crave this kind of baloney. Who wants to have light pollution glaring up in their eyes from a keyboard when your looking at your screen while gaming?
#1. It ruins the emersion effect while gaming.
#2. You should never have to look down at your keyboard while gaming... all your attention and focus should be on your screen.
#1 Many people like to game in dim or dark room lighting which makes the keyboard impossible to read. My keyboard lighting can be dimmed or brightened to give an easily readable keyboard that does not distract. In fact, a customized backlit color scheme adds to the immersion for many games with complicated keyboard layouts to have a fast way to find the appropriate key without having to focus too much on the keyboard.

#2 As mentioned above, some RPGs and sims have dozens of keyboard commands. A quick glance at a backlit keyboard makes it much easier to find the correct key and keep the player immersed in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS