Corsair Link Software & Corsair Vengeance LED 16 Gb [2x8] 3000

ScottNY

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
Hi All,

I am considering getting the Corsair Vengeance LED 16 Gb [2x8] memory kit for my new build. Flashing LEDs will make me crazy. The RAM will be the only Corsair parts in my build. Is the Corsair Link software up to the task of letting me stop the flashing and change to a steady white LED? I am kind of a newbie to PC building and from what I read on the Corsair forum, it seems like the software might be buggy and cause problems. If that is the case, I would rather stick with the Vengeance LPX, lose out on the lighting effect, but save myself a lot of headaches. Any advice?

Thanks!

nicaragua37321

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
I'd stick with the Vengeance LPX, just because I'm not really an LED type person. But it's your choice, if you want LEDS go for it, but you said the flashiness gives you a headache, so you probably shouldn't. I value PC performance over cosmetics, but go with what you want.

ScottNY

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
Thanks, Nic. I agree with your comment about performance over cosmetics, but I understand they are the same quality RAM. I would normally just go with the LPX, but I do like a little bit of "flash" in my system. The latest version of Corsair Link supposedly supposedly allows you to toggle the LEDs to stay on and even allows you to control the brightness, but some people claim it still doesn't work well. Unless I can solve the mystery, I am definitely going to stick with the LPX.