corsair link vs fan controller vs mobo

Andy Reconize

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Hello everyone!

Just putting the finishing touches to my latest build, before you start yes it's a bit of an e-peen build but ya know, why not :p

One thing I'm really not sure about is how to set up my fans, as never installed a water cooler before, and I will also have quite a few fans!

Just after suggestions of how you would do it please! Or anything that works for you, the build is as follows:

600t case
Maximus extreme vi
I7 4770k
H100i
250gb SSD
3tb HD
GTX Titan
Creative titanium HD
32gb ram (still undecided)
Corsair HX 850 (also undecided, but this is an option)
I have the h100 in a pull configuration with 2 sp 120's, top of my case as exhaust. Then the normal rear fan is intake with an AF 120, and an additional 4xAF120 in side of case as intake, and also stock 200m front fan as intake.

Solution

I think that the link cooling module has 8 fan slots, but you could always get splitters. I have never heard of link bugs but i guess its...

haynesr07

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2013
Well you could grab that NZXT fan hub thing. I leave my front and rear fans running at full load all the time as sound is never an issue for me.

I have my rad fans, side fan and pump all running on the link. It's nice to control the side fan for when I am playing high-fps games. So it helps my cooling a little, but the 932 is not the best case for cooling anymore so, that's entirely up to you.

Andy Reconize

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013

Is the link buggy at all? I've read In a few places its pretty unreliable..

That sounds like quite a good set up, I may go with that. Does the link have enough fan slots to fit 6 fans?

smackers_12

Honorable

I think that the link cooling module has 8 fan slots, but you could always get splitters. I have never heard of link bugs but i guess its possible; generally when corsair do something they do it right. if you are going to be spending that much money you may as well get a pump/fan controller.
Like this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20832/bus-351/Phobya_MaxGuide_36W_x_6_Channel_Dualbay_Fan_Pump_VFD_Controller_and_Multifunction_Panel_70223.html?tl=g47c17

EDIT: The NZXT spilitter is called the NZXT GRID and has 10 fan channels, be aware that its max total output is only 30 watts

Solution