[SOLVED] Corsair LL120 not working

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi all

I’m having a sudden issue with the rgb lights on two of my fans. I switched on my pc and two of my fan Rgb lights are off. I have 1 on the rear which stopped working and I have two on the top,which the closest one to the rear isn’t working either. So it’s just the 1 that’s working. Do you think they are fault

Any help would be great

Solution
The controller itself is a possibility, try switching the ports around, verify its actually the individual rgb that's failed by testing against a known good port and testing the known good fan in the suspect ports.

If using the mobo as the controller, check the splitter in the same way, or just plug the RGB directly to mobo, bypassing the splitter altogether.

Process of elimination will give you your answer, if it is in fact the RGB has failed, rma/warranty is a possibility or replacement if necessary.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The controller itself is a possibility, try switching the ports around, verify its actually the individual rgb that's failed by testing against a known good port and testing the known good fan in the suspect ports.

If using the mobo as the controller, check the splitter in the same way, or just plug the RGB directly to mobo, bypassing the splitter altogether.

Process of elimination will give you your answer, if it is in fact the RGB has failed, rma/warranty is a possibility or replacement if necessary.

Solution

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
@Karadjgne ye it’s ports 4 and 5 on the controller that have failed. My lightening is all controlled through the controller via ICUE software and not my MB. All the fans are working I’ve tried plugging them into 1,2 and 3. How is it possible?i have only had it for 2 months or so?Will Corsair replace it?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
They are usually very good about warranty services, Corsair relies heavily on brand recognition, so word of mouth and customer satisfaction is important. But, you'll need to first see about warranty from whomever you got it from if it's only 2 months old.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I totally agree it is important. Hopefully they can just replace the controller and not the whole unit (including fans)because cable management is a nightmare. But I’ll just wait and see what they say but I’m sure it will be covered.

TRENDING THREADS