[SOLVED] Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x32GB + MSI B550 Carbon + Ryzen 5700G

The5thCacophony

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Hi,
I would like to upgrade the RAM by removing the existing 2x8GB modules and replace with 2 modules 2x32GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200 MHz

Would these 2 modules of 32GB be compatible with the MSI motherboard?

I checked on the MSI website for memory compatibility but didn't find the above modules. The need is simply to get more memory capacity. No overclocking. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hello there!!
I've heard people complaining about compatibility issue with LPX memory especially(in AMD), so if you want something safer I'll suggest G skill they are mostly compatible.

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Hi,
I would like to upgrade the RAM by removing the existing 2x8GB modules and replace with 2 modules 2x32GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200 MHz

Would these 2 modules of 32GB be compatible with the MSI motherboard?

I checked on the MSI website for memory compatibility but didn't find the above modules. The need is simply to get more memory capacity. No overclocking. Thanks in advance for any advice.
bruh why do you need 64 gb ram for?!
instead of that buy ram kits with higher frequency cuz you need higher frequency for your ryzen 5700g rather than higher ram size.
i think you'd better get 4000Mhz ram sticks and oc it to higher freqs (i guess 4200 is maximum for your cpu)
if you do not want to oc as u said, then just buy ram kits with 4000mhz freq, make sure they are sold in a package and are titled as Dual Channel as you have apu on your system.
LPX is fine with Ryzen Apus , i have Lpx 3600mhz 2×8gb and running it fine on my Ryzen 3400g
good luck

The5thCacophony

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Hi gentlemen,

I need more RAM. Programming, Database, opening browsers with many tabs, open several applications, sometimes running docker or could even be a local kubernetes cluster. RAM speed is less important, but of course is the extra cost is not too much then it's OK too.

My main concern is rather would the B550 chipsets accept 2 modules of 32GB. What I would like to avoid is buying the RAM and discover that the motherboard doesn't take 32GB per module. The mobo spec says max 128GB, so I guess maybe a 32GB module would be compatible but would like to check with the knowledgeable users first.

As for the brand, I have no idea, just mention Corsair LPX. As @General Kenobi suggested GSkill. I saw GSkille ripjaws 2x32GB at 3600Mhz which costs similar to the Corsair LPX.

The main criteria is high capacity RAM and reliable. No need of high performance nor LEDs.

Also there are Corsair rams which are "Ryzen Ready" they shouldnt cause an issue as well. It's not always that people complain about the LPX but many of the time of what I've read and heard it's because of the LPX series so i recommended G skill as an alternative. If you find a Corsair rams which is Ryzen ready and inexpensive and checks your requirement offcourse go ahead with that.
Edit: I'll suggest 3600Mhz they are the sweetspot, above that you literally aren't getting alot of performance gain but definitely a premium which is not worth(especially if it's high frequency with tighter timing).

Last edited: