Corsair M65 Mouse Lags in Desktop

xXNukaColaXx

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hey, so I recently purchased a M65 Pro RGB mouse from Corsair to go along with my new K70 RGB Rapidfire Keyboard after completing by build.

However, I've been experiencing lag from the mouse when in the Desktop. By lag I mean the mouse responds slowly to my movements. The mouse is unpredictable, the sensitivity is variable. I have the mouse set on 1500 DPI and have tried different DPI's yet the mouse still lags. The lag between me moving the mouse and it responding is about 0.3 seconds and happens only on the desktop being very noticeable. It seems that the mouse is trying to smooth out its motion.

Anyone know of a fix for this? I tried plugging the mouse in to other USB ports on my Motherboard (Asus Maximus VIII Formula), and even tried switching it out with another M65 Pro RGB mouse because I bought 2 accidentally. I also tried plugging in a standard Dell Mouse, and that worked perfectly.

Specs:
Case: Corsair 460X RGB
Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Formula
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: Asus Strix 1070
RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Fans: 6X Corsair HD120 RGB
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire (Cherry MX Speed)
Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB

Thanks and Happy New Year!

EDIT: Upon trying the M65 mouse on my workstation laptop, the mouse worked just fine. On this laptop the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) that controls the RGB lighting of Corsair Peripherals is not installed. Could it be a CUE function overriding a Windows Mouse Function?

notj0e

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Software can have a massive influence on the performance of the mouse. For example, my g502's surface optimization feature actually makes the pointer track all over the screen and makes it impossible to use.

I'd suggest reinstalling CUE and seeing if that changes anything, if not you may need to uninstall it for the time being and inform the support team of this issue