Corsair ML fans compatible with Msi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard?

Jul 16, 2018
I just ordered two of Corsair's ML PRO RGB fans and then after reading the manual on my motherboard (Msi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC) I noticed that it says the following:

JCorsair1 Connector Specification
Supporting Corsair RGB products: Lighting PRO RGB LED STRIPS, HD RGB Fans, SP RGB Fans and LL RGB Fans.

I'm not entirely sure what that means but I'm worried I won't be able to use the fans.
I should also mention that I bought the Twin Pack from amazon, which includes the Lighting Node PRO and the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub.

Solution
You'll be able to use the fans. The JCORSAIR1 Connector is the same connector as the Lighting Node Pro. This would be connected to the fan hub - if you wanted to use MSI's Mystic Light to control the fans. Otherwise, use iCue. IF Mystic Light doesn't (for some reason) have an option for ML-RGB fans, you can specify them as HD-RGB fans (1x HD-RGB Fans == 3x ML-RGB Fans) or LL-RGB fans (1x LL-RGB == 4x ML-RGB Fans).

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
You'll be able to use the fans. The JCORSAIR1 Connector is the same connector as the Lighting Node Pro. This would be connected to the fan hub - if you wanted to use MSI's Mystic Light to control the fans. Otherwise, use iCue. IF Mystic Light doesn't (for some reason) have an option for ML-RGB fans, you can specify them as HD-RGB fans (1x HD-RGB Fans == 3x ML-RGB Fans) or LL-RGB fans (1x LL-RGB == 4x ML-RGB Fans).

Solution