[SOLVED] Corsair MP510 480GB Nvme drive low writes.

Oct 5, 2019
fkwa3Sz.png

Is this normal? why do i have such low scores? it was pretty good when i first got it. It's almost sata write speeds.

Solution
In the left pane of System Information select System Summary->Components->Storage->Disks
Find your disk on the right and check the Bytes/Sector parameter.

Post us a screen shot of AS-SSD please.

In Device manager, right click on your drive and select Properties and go to the Policies tab. Is Better performance selected?

There, i checked device manager and everything seems normal.

npdcQhg.png

LCqOcBp.png

EDIT: I installed a fan next to the drive and seemed to help, the drive is constantly getting 2k writes now, seems like a temperature issue i guess:

Deyw3Ue.png
This seems perfectly normal. Keep in mind "SATA 6Gb/s" means 6 Gigabits per second, not Gigabytes. Most SATA SSDs will read at 500-600 Megabytes per second, and write at even lower. This benchmark uses Megabytes not Megabits, so this ends up being around the correct write speeds for Nvme.

As for RND4K scores, those are random read/write, which is almost always much slower than SEQ, or sequential read/write.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019
This seems perfectly normal. Keep in mind "SATA 6Gb/s" means 6 Gigabits per second, not Gigabytes. Most SATA SSDs will read at 500-600 Megabytes per second, and write at even lower. This benchmark uses Megabytes not Megabits, so this ends up being around the correct write speeds for Nvme.

As for RND4K scores, those are random read/write, which is almost always much slower than SEQ, or sequential read/write.

Yeah, i know reads are normal, but aren't those writes a too low? the drive is rated for 2000MB/s. is it normal to get that low when the drive is filled?

popatim

Titan
In the left pane of System Information select System Summary->Components->Storage->Disks

In Device manager, right click on your drive and select Properties and go to the Policies tab. Is Better performance selected?

Oct 5, 2019

There, i checked device manager and everything seems normal.

npdcQhg.png

LCqOcBp.png

EDIT: I installed a fan next to the drive and seemed to help, the drive is constantly getting 2k writes now, seems like a temperature issue i guess:

Deyw3Ue.png

Last edited:
Reactions: extreme_noob
Solution