Review Corsair MP600 GS SSD Review: Middling, but Capable

Apr 1, 2020
Amazing you left out the SK Hynix P31 Gold. Despite being PCIe 3.0 it matches this drive in overall performance and is cheaper.

I wish that starting next year TH would include comprehensive charts like TechPowerUp does in their reviews and not just cherry pick some competitors, i mean you already have the results on record, so why not make a chart?

relative-performance.png

Reactions: Udyr

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Amazing you left out the SK Hynix P31 Gold. Despite being PCIe 3.0 it matches this drive in overall performance and is cheaper.

I wish that starting next year TH would include comprehensive charts like TechPowerUp does in their reviews and not just cherry pick some competitors, i mean you already have the results on record, so why not make a chart?

relative-performance.png
Then how a mediocre product worth a star or two shine all the way through a 3.5 score?

Apr 1, 2020
Then how a mediocre product worth a star or two shine all the way through a 3.5 score?

Because the star rating is subjective if you're not using a points system. It has higher idle power consumption than other drives, but it has good sustained write speed and generally middling performance in the other metrics. Based on the results, I'd say more like 2.5 stars because it is a PCIe 4.0 drive and should be measured by those standards, and it generally performs in the middle of the pack of the selected comparative drives with overall performance basically matching older, cheaper PCIe 3.0 drives.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Because the star rating is subjective if you're not using a points system. It has higher idle power consumption than other drives, but it has good sustained write speed and generally middling performance in the other metrics. Based on the results, I'd say more like 2.5 stars because it is a PCIe 4.0 drive and should be measured by those standards, and it generally performs in the middle of the pack of the selected comparative drives with overall performance basically matching older, cheaper PCIe 3.0 drives.
Therefore, mediocre. Nothing makes it special, especially for that price.