Question Corsair Obsidian (I think) - can't remove SSD/HDD trays. Request for help.

SlantyME

Distinguished
May 11, 2003
Hello

Thought it would be easy to replace a dead SSD drive, but no - this case had other ideas in store for me.
  1. Believe I have a Corsair Obsidian, but it's 4-5 years old and can't find a good image of one online - nor to confirm actual type.
  2. I tested removing/reattaching the cables to the drives in case one was faulty, but no luck.
  3. My case has 2 sets of trays (with 3 trays each) on the bottom of the case. My drives are all in one set of trays (leaving the other one empty). I have a HDD, SSD, SSD for the 3.
  4. The trays in the empty set come out very easy by using the clips - no problem.
  5. The trays with the drives in them do not - pushing in the tray clips does nothing. Pulling hard does nothing - they are either screwed in somehow or I don't know.
  6. I took off the front cover of the case and removed one of the fans to see if there were any screws there, but nothing - should technically come out.
  7. My new SSD went back in the box and I'm still carrying a dead one in the case - I don't want to yank on the trays in case it breaks, but it's damn annoying.
  8. The store that assembled the PC for me is out of business now.
I have some pictures, but threw them here.
View: https://imgur.com/a/9VdGfxp

My PC knowledge for hardware and terminology would probably be low to medium (can install hardware and some diagnostics).

Thanks in advance for any help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY