Corsair Offers Individual-Sleeved PSU Modular Cable Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotthree

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Will they work on different psu's? And for all the people asking the point of this is, its for people who want more color coordinating in their case and have the money to do so. Yes, it is very easy to do yourself but there is a saying, Time is Money! This could easily take hours to do if your a first time maker. Why not buy in 5 minutes? is 2-4 hours, possibly more worth 40-50$ Your call.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]can someone tell me the point? all i can think is it makes the cables a bit more flexible... but is it worth an 80-100$ "upgrade"?[/citation]

Some people like the insides of their case to be color coordinated.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Modular. Power. Supply. Cables.

We don't want more 'sleeving' options: We want more LENGTH options...

I know that when I buy a modular PS, I come with a 'standard' set of cables. I want the option to buy shorter or longer cables, in whatever color I choose, to meet my build's needs...

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Modular. Power. Supply. Cables.We don't want more 'sleeving' options: We want more LENGTH options...I know that when I buy a modular PS, I come with a 'standard' set of cables. I want the option to buy shorter or longer cables, in whatever color I choose, to meet my build's needs...[/citation]

agreed

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I could use more colour in my case, it would look nice.[/citation]Try vomiting into it; cheaper and a lot more colourful (with bits).

Well, I thought I was out of a job.. But I can do a better job of cable management than Corsair! I don't think that looks all that great or professional really. I see lots of other guys do better on a daily basis too.

[citation][nom]maxinexus[/nom]when do we move on to cordless PSU?[/citation]

Even better question.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]can someone tell me the point? all i can think is it makes the cables a bit more flexible... but is it worth an 80-100$ "upgrade"?[/citation]

Yes, but its more than that. Its about making an aesthetically pleasing design. Unless your a modder or have a windowed case you wouldn't care. Single sleeving is one of those techniques that are fashionable right now. So is water cooling, ya hardly ever see any mods without water cooling--even though they certainly don't need WC.

I know plenty of people that jam a loop in their PC and call it a mod. For old school guys like me, that's pretty pathetic but technically its a "mod." But if you have ever single sleeved a power supply, you would know that its very time consuming and labor intensive. Not for the faint of heart, so companies are cashing in on those who don't have the time or inclination.

I just single sleeved a PSU with paracord and it took about 20 hours. I charge $20 an hour (for computer work, guitar lessons, tutoring, pretty much everything..)
$20 X 20 hours = $400. That's how much MY time is worth.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]Yes, but its more than that. Its about making an aesthetically pleasing design. Unless your a modder or have a windowed case you wouldn't care. Single sleeving is one of those techniques that are fashionable right now. So is water cooling, ya hardly ever see any mods without water cooling--even though they certainly don't need WC. I know plenty of people that jam a loop in their PC and call it a mod. For old school guys like me, that's pretty pathetic but technically its a "mod." But if you have ever single sleeved a power supply, you would know that its very time consuming and labor intensive. Not for the faint of heart, so companies are cashing in on those who don't have the time or inclination. I just single sleeved a PSU with paracord and it took about 20 hours. I charge $20 an hour (for computer work, guitar lessons, tutoring, pretty much everything..)$20 X 20 hours = $400. That's how much MY time is worth.[/citation]

so this is more of a how it looks than function... ok
i wouldn't pay more than 10$ extra for this, but at the same time i care more about function than looks. and im like you too, i just cant consider a cooling loop a mod. hell i can barely call just adding in some lights a mod either... now making your whole case of acrylic and makeing it look like ice, than adding in some blue and white blue lights... that i call a mod

on a side note, if you are any good at guitar or computer work, you could easily charge double and still come in under whats "professionally" available.

Status
Not open for further replies.