Review Corsair One a200 Review: Liquid-Cooled Ryzen and RTX 3080

Jarmer

Prominent
Feb 5, 2021
I've been trying since Nov to get in on this gen's gpu, but at this point, I don't even care anymore, I honestly don't think stock will ever be avail until next gen is out. So I guess I'll try for a 7xxx series amd gpu? Doubtful stock will exist there either.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
I can't believe that I'm actually tempted by such an overpriced PC. The ongoing GPU shortage, and to a lesser extent, high end AMD CPU shortage, has tempted me to do things I swore I would never do...
Welcome to the club. Those are my EXACT same sentiments. It is why I gave in and bought a $2200 HP Omen 30L with a RTX 3080 and later bought a $1200 Alienware with a Ryzen 7 3800X and a RTX 2070 Super. I'd rather give it to the PC companies than to the scalpers. Why 2 PC's? The Omen 30L is for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my 4K monitor and the Alienware is for my Steam collection of games on my 1080p TV.

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
This thing is horribly overpriced...;) ~$3800+.

*The RTX 3080 10GB is definitely not the fastest GPU you can buy, is it an FE ? I'll take a 12GB-16GB GPU any day over 10GB at this price.

*And a PCIe riser just to get the GPU into the case?...I'll pass...

*And Windows Home?...;) Win10 x64 Pro x64 is cheap enough.

*OK, a B550 motherboard, and a mini/ITX mobo--not a full size ATX x570--right away the PCIe lane expendability and speed is compromised--B550 is the budget desktop mboard for Zen 2/3, and the mini-ITX further limits the specs.

*So what's the .M2 drive? Specs, who makes it, etc.? (Will it throttle under heavy use?)

* The 2TB Seagate can be had for ~$50, I believe--I have a 4TB 5600 rpm Seagate--cost me $80 a couple of years back. Is the Seagate a 7200 rpm drive?

*3200MHz system ram is fairly pedestrian these days--I have 4x8GB 3733MHz system ram which I bought straight out of Amazon for ~$190.

*750W PSU seems borderline for the system, imo. Depends on the rail amperage, etc. Still, it's probably fine as I'll bet that most if not all of the components are OEM as opposed to retail quality. (I do like my Corsair HX-850 modular!)

*Case is definitely too small for me--I need something with room on the inside so that I can get my hands in there to do what I want to do...;) That's a matter of opinion, however, and hand size.

Frankly this thing reminds me of something Dell might sell--no Dell for me..;) The problem is that for the money you could do much better rolling your own box. This shortage can't last too long otherwise nVidia and AMD are going to have a very, very bad year...;) I'd wait a couple of months to see if this thing shakes out by June. Let's hope it does. $1999-$2295 retail at the very most, imo. Even if you are someone to whom this configuration might appeal--I would think the asking price would kill the attraction quickly.

roadrunner343

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Welcome to the club. Those are my EXACT same sentiments. It is why I gave in and bought a $2200 HP Omen 30L with a RTX 3080 and later bought a $1200 Alienware with a Ryzen 7 3800X and a RTX 2070 Super. I'd rather give it to the PC companies than to the scalpers. Why 2 PC's? The Omen 30L is for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my 4K monitor and the Alienware is for my Steam collection of games on my 1080p TV.

That seems like a pretty good price, for the time being at least. Unfortunately, I'm a mini-itx fan, which makes buying from a retailer a pain. My main desktop is going on 8 years old, and was hoping to upgrade last fall at when the new AMD chips launched. I'll try holding out a bit longer. The price for pre-built ITX desktops is a bit insane.

Mar 22, 2021

*The RTX 3080 10GB is definitely not the fastest GPU you can buy, is it an FE ? I'll take a 12GB-16GB GPU any day over 10GB at this price.

*OK, a B550 motherboard, and a mini/ITX mobo--not a full size ATX x570--right away the PCIe lane expendability and speed is compromised--B550 is the budget desktop mboard for Zen 2/3, and the mini-ITX further limits the specs.

*So what's the .M2 drive? Specs, who makes it, etc.? (Will it throttle under heavy use?)

* The 2TB Seagate can be had for ~$50, I believe--I have a 4TB 5600 rpm Seagate--cost me $80 a couple of years back. Is the Seagate a 7200 rpm drive?

*3200MHz system ram is fairly pedestrian these days--I have 4x8GB 3733MHz system ram which I bought straight out of Amazon for ~$190.

*750W PSU seems borderline for the system, imo. Depends on the rail amperage, etc. Still, it's probably fine as I'll bet that most if not all of the components are OEM as opposed to retail quality. (I do like my Corsair HX-850 modular!)

*Case is definitely too small for me--I need something with room on the inside so that I can get my hands in there to do what I want to do...;) That's a matter of opinion, however, and hand size.

Frankly this thing reminds me of something Dell might sell--no Dell for me..;) The problem is that for the money you could do much better rolling your own box. This shortage can't last too long otherwise nVidia and AMD are going to have a very, very bad year...;) I'd wait a couple of months to see if this thing shakes out by June. Let's hope it does. $1999-$2295 retail at the very most, imo. Even if you are someone to whom this configuration might appeal--I would think the asking price would kill the attraction quickly.
Even of the shortage lasts all year, AMD and nVidia will have great years, they are selling all they can build instantly. Its a demand problem more than a supply problem. And the shortage is expected to last into 2022. It's going to get worse before it gets better, IMO.

Makaveli

Splendid

The M2 drive in this is what I'm using in my build

Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe 4.0 drive it comes with a heatsink there won't be any issues with it throttling.

Apr 19, 2021
Nice review. Though I think the two GPU fans pull outside air through the radiator to be vented out the top with the exhaust fan. It‘s probably a negative pressure system, like the earlier models

Opinions on value, of course, are mostly subjective. I’ve built more than a dozen computers, but I own a Corsair One i160 and it’s, by far, the best PC I’ve ever owned. The form factor is an impressive piece of engineering - probably the best combination of thermals, noise and small footprint available anywhere. As the review points out, the price is competitive with other prebuilt systems - but in a more innovative form factor.

Upgradability (especially for the GPU) definitely is a drawback. Unlike some other prebuilts, it’s not really a platform for future DIY upgrades. As a practical matter, you’re buying this for the form factor and engineering, to use and enjoy for what it is until you upgrade to another machine. More like a high-end Apple product in that respect.

I’m excited about the new version and likely will upgrade soon.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
This is quite a steal for the GPU/CPU/PSU prices right now, provided you don't need lots of storage internally.

I couldn't use this, but it's pretty impressive. I have a slightly bigger (3 regular HDD, one 2.5 SSD/HDD, two m.2 SSDs capable) ATX system on a compact mid tower case that basically matches this system in temperatures, so that's quite impressive.

You're definitively getting your money's worth with that compact PSU and might use it on another build too if you're OK with reusing older ones.

Apr 26, 2021

I think the fact that you say the case is too small is missing the point of the target audience here. I'm looking for a desktop computer replacement with a small footprint, and quiet fans that can sit on my desk and have sufficient power and cooling potential to run all my games and workstation needs. This fits the bill and I'm willing to pay a premium to get a prebuilt that maximizes space efficiency and thermal engineering that I could not get if I built if from parts.

TheDon69

Prominent
Apr 26, 2021
With a Ryzen 9 5900X and an RTX 3080, both liquid-cooled for quiet operation in a compact case, Corsair’s One a200 is easy to recommend.

Corsair One a200 Review: Liquid-Cooled Ryzen and RTX 3080 : Read more
I bought one samt day the article was published, but Corsair says they dont have the parts and it'll probably be June 1 before they can begin to even assemble it. Furthermore, I wanted the 5950 model mentioned in the article. But Corsair says models not on their web site aren't available. I asked them if that meant Tom's Hardware was being given incorrect information from Corsair but of course didn't receive a reply that made sense.

PS. They did pull the money from my card though. They say they normally pull the money when the product ships. But couldn't explain why they pulled it months before they would attempt to assemble it....