[SOLVED] Corsair or Seasonic

Solution
Corsair TXM are Semi Modular with fixed 24 and 8 pin connectors. It has a 7 year warranty.
The Focus GX is Fully modular with a 10 year warranty.

Realistically, most people wont have a PSU for more 7 years anyhow, so the warranty difference isnt that big of a deal, but it is a benefit. You willl have to use a 24 and 8 pin for every PC, so semi modular isnt that much of a downgrade, but it is an advantage of the seasonic.

In terms of performance both are rather good, so i wouldn't worry about that.
Both have 100% power rated at 40c, although the Focus GX says at 50c it can still output 80%, which i dont know about with the TXM.
Honestly id chose the focus GX over the TXM at the same price for the advantages in modularity and...
Corsair TXM are Semi Modular with fixed 24 and 8 pin connectors. It has a 7 year warranty.

Realistically, most people wont have a PSU for more 7 years anyhow, so the warranty difference isnt that big of a deal, but it is a benefit. You willl have to use a 24 and 8 pin for every PC, so semi modular isnt that much of a downgrade, but it is an advantage of the seasonic.

Both have 100% power rated at 40c, although the Focus GX says at 50c it can still output 80%, which i dont know about with the TXM.
Honestly id chose the focus GX over the TXM at the same price for the advantages in modularity and warranty, but if the TXM is a bit cheaper id go for it.

Correction, the TXM has a higher temp rating and can deliver 100% power at 50c where as the GX is only 80% at 50c according to their website. Not a big deal either.

Having dealt with support for both a SeaSonic PSU and a Corsair PSU, both companies have good customer service.

Id go with the cheaper one.

Reactions: Shay Green
Solution

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020

Honestly id chose the focus GX over the TXM at the same price for the advantages in modularity and warranty, but if the TXM is a bit cheaper id go for it.

Correction, the TXM has a higher temp rating and can deliver 100% power at 50c where as the GX is only 80% at 50c according to their website. Not a big deal either.

Having dealt with support for both a SeaSonic PSU and a Corsair PSU, both companies have good customer service.

Id go with the cheaper one.
Thanks for the detailed reply