[SOLVED] Corsair PSU help needed

Spectroplasm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2014
Hey! I'm looking to get a 850W PSU and at the moment I have the opportunity to choose between the HX850i or the HX850 (gray label).

They're about the same price so I'm looking for any difference in quality that would make me choose one or another. While searching I just found that the "i" I can monitor through Corsair Link and the gray one uses Corsair Type 4 cables and may be newer (2018 release date).

So, which one should I choose? Or are those models virtually the same?

Thanks!

Solution
Hey! I'm looking to get a 850W PSU and at the moment I have the opportunity to choose between the HX850i or the HX850 (gray label).

They're about the same price so I'm looking for any difference in quality that would make me choose one or another. While searching I just found that the "i" I can monitor through Corsair Link and the gray one uses Corsair Type 4 cables and may be newer (2018 release date).

Thanks!

If they're both the same price, DEFINITELY get the HXi. That's a no brainer.

Thanks!

If they're both the same price, DEFINITELY get the HXi. That's a no brainer.

Solution