Sep 18, 2019
Hello!
I am having some problems with my Corsair RAM. The first problem I had was like 5 months ago, that I updated the BIOS and when it rebooted to restart the system again (nothing unusual), the BIOS didn't like the frecuency of the RAM that I had been using all that time (XMP 3000 MHz) and that made the BIOS to get automatically reseated to base RAM frecuency (2100 MHz), so I changed its speed to 2933 MHz and worked without problems until now... I updated BIOS again, to last version and the same happened, the BIOS got automatically reseated, but this time, when I putted 2933 MHz on the BIOS, it didn't accept it, the max. frecuency that accepted was 2800MHz. I searched a lot of info and I didn't find something to solve my problem, but I found that the RAM model wasn't listed as compatible with Ryzen on Corsair web and in the Gigabyte mobo's QVL. I assumed that it was the problem. Now, I opened my PC and took out the RAM sticks, inserted one different and then the Corsair pair again, now I'm able to use 3000MHz on them... AGAIN! I cannot understand what is causing the BIOS to get reseated after BIOS updated. Does someone has an idea? Do you recommend me to return the RAM and buy another listed as compatible by corsair with the Ryzen 2700X and B450 Aorus Elite system? If you recommed me to change the modules, it would be a good idea to but these ones?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TC4TPCN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

My system is:

Hello!
I am having some problems with my Corsair RAM. The first problem I had was like 5 months ago, that I updated the BIOS and when it rebooted to restart the system again (nothing unusual), the BIOS didn't like the frecuency of the RAM that I had been using all that time (XMP 3000 MHz) and that made the BIOS to get automatically reseated to base RAM frecuency (2100 MHz), so I changed its speed to 2933 MHz and worked without problems until now... I updated BIOS again, to last version and the same happened, the BIOS got automatically reseated, but this time, when I putted 2933 MHz on the BIOS, it didn't accept it, the max. frecuency that accepted was 2800MHz. I searched a lot of info and I didn't find something to solve my problem, but I found that the RAM model wasn't listed as compatible with Ryzen on Corsair web and in the Gigabyte mobo's QVL. I assumed that it was the problem. Now, I opened my PC and took out the RAM sticks, inserted one different and then the Corsair pair again, now I'm able to use 3000MHz on them... AGAIN! I cannot understand what is causing the BIOS to get reseated after BIOS updated. Does someone has an idea? Do you recommend me to return the RAM and buy another listed as compatible by corsair with the Ryzen 2700X and B450 Aorus Elite system? If you recommed me to change the modules, it would be a good idea to but these ones?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TC4TPCN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

My system is:
I kept getting BSODs with that RAM on my gigabyte X570 board

Sep 18, 2019
It's very strange, but I think I found the solution. The only thing I did to solve the problem was to remove all the RAM Corsair sticks and install an 8GB stick that a friend borrowed me. I started the PC like this for a few minutes and then reinstalled the Corsair. Now they are running at 3200mhz without problems (yes, overclocked). It's very strange, but it worked. It's been running at that speed since October 2019.