[SOLVED] Corsair RAM

Jan 11, 2022
Hello fellow gamers,

I currently have
VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black

in my computer now, I was wondering if i add
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit — White
would it cause any issues to my computer? i just wanted to know before i buy it! thanks

Solution
Well, the black/white difference would not be a problem.

But, ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, particularly ryzen can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.

You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

If you need 32gb and need certainty that it will be supported, buy a 32gb replacement kit.
Pick a kit from the motherboard qvl...
Well, the black/white difference would not be a problem.

But, ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, particularly ryzen can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.

You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

If you need 32gb and need certainty that it will be supported, buy a 32gb replacement kit.
Pick a kit from the motherboard qvl list or one that is explicitly supported by Corsair.

If you have an intel processor and could reasonably return the ram, I would give it a shot.

Solution