News Corsair Recalls SF Series Platinum PSUs Over Failure Concerns

mr_chen

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
"fizzle out," the article is being too nice to Corsair. I have bought one of the Corsair SF750. The PSU fails spectaculary. It makes random electric discharge in your computer case. It's as loud as hitting a table with a ruler. Basically your PSU turn into a tesla coil. For some users, it kills their computer.

I am currently going through a RMA. I don't know the extent of the damage yet. If you are in this situation, figure out who is the distributor and request the RMA claim form (mine was TIYU).

"fizzle out," the article is being too nice to Corsair. I have bought one of the Corsair SF750. The PSU fails spectaculary. It makes random electric discharge in your computer case. It's as loud as hitting a table with a ruler. Basically your PSU turn into a tesla coil. For some users, it kills their computer.

I am currently going through a RMA. I don't know the extent of the damage yet. If you are in this situation, figure out who is the distributor and request the RMA claim form (mine was TIYU).

You're right. When the PSU fails, it doesn't "fizzle". It's a definite "pop".

But for the other accusations you are making: I have not seen a single example or claim of the SF failure damaging any other part of the PC.

Is the damage to other components an assumption? If it has been proven that any hardware has been damaged, then a damage claim should be put in with Corsair to have those parts replaced as well. But the failure of the PSU is on the primary side. The PFC diode, to be precise, so it's EXTREMELY unlikely for there to be damage to anything on the DC side.