[SOLVED] corsair refurbished rm850x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The new one appears to be just under $60 more, and comes with a 10 year warranty. I note that Corsair has them listed as out of stock.

Might be worthwhile to do a bit of review searching on this particular model to find out why a PSU with a 10 year warranty (which would insinuate good build quality) is being refurbished in the first place. Given the warranty period on the new ones, something seems off to me.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Hard to say. What is the price as compared to new and warranty period?

I have purchased 'refurb' PSU over the years. They were stupid cheap and well over the output required for the build (in those cases). Corsair makes some good products, so if they are willing to stand behind it for a reasonable period and exceptional price it may be worth trying.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The new one appears to be just under $60 more, and comes with a 10 year warranty. I note that Corsair has them listed as out of stock.

Might be worthwhile to do a bit of review searching on this particular model to find out why a PSU with a 10 year warranty (which would insinuate good build quality) is being refurbished in the first place. Given the warranty period on the new ones, something seems off to me.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.