Corsair Releases Three Affordable VS-Series PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corsair already launched three HEC-made VS units a while ago, the VS400, VS500, and VS600. The wattages were useful because you could distinguish the HEC-made units from the older CWT units by whether the wattages were in round hundreds or had another 50. This launch ruins that.

I hope the CWT units are EOL and disappear from store shelves quickly, so there's less risk of confusion. That confusion of having multiple designs under one model name is one of the most annoying things about Corsair (though they aren't the only ones who do it, they are IMO the worst offender).

The VS sits below the CX series. It was originally introduced as a cheaper series for less affluent areas (India, Eastern Europe etc).

Zaxx420

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
mk...vs might mean 'value series' then...lol Was asking cuz I got a cx550m as sort of a backup...and caught a very good sale price too...thx for the answer...

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017
These look like ok PSU but they are overpriced.

These are 40 - 70 bucks and Don't have Modular cables, or even semi modular cables.

The Seasonic M12II is offerd in similar wattage and is full modular, for 50-80 bucks, and go on sale and I have seen them for $30!

Is seasonic selling these at a loss or Are other PSU Makers overpricing them?

The Seasonic Core series has not been launched yet though. Seems a bit early for a fire sale, unless they really have a huge stockpile of M12II/S12II units to plow through.

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017

Yeah, and it has been the price for a while,

seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

Status
Not open for further replies.