News Corsair Reveals Bendable OLED Ultrawide Gaming Monitor

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
WOW now that's real flexing, not the marketing cp asus and acer have come up with lately. Thats the right direction.. making gaming monitors the natural upgrade to tvs, not the other way around

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can anyone think of an actual user case for a monitor that can do this though?

I mean, if you want a curved monitor, just buy one.

Is this them selling us a cost saving exercise as a benefit? If they only have to make one type of monitor, it sure would be cheaper.

Curious about long term effects are of constant bending/undending it.

I am not against bendy screens, it makes sense on mobiles and laptops, but on a desktop?

Sep 15, 2021

Is this them selling us a cost saving exercise as a benefit? If they only have to make one type of monitor, it sure would be cheaper.

I am not against bendy screens, it makes sense on mobiles and laptops, but on a desktop?

It can be useful if you want to play coop with friend or family. You make it flat and it gives them much better viewing angles.

Btw you need flat screen for AutoCAD and similar software. You need straight lines on your screen. But what if you're also a gamer and want curved screen for more immersive experience.

ien2222

Distinguished

In addition to the above post, if they make the curvature settable, this would be fantastic. Personally I don't like the severeness of curves for most of the monitors today and this one is supposed to be 800R (eek), if I was able to set my own curve for whatever application I happen to be doing at the time, that really is a game changer. Flat for office work (any curve just messes with my vision a bit especially Excel), 2000R-5000R for most gaming with a few titles below 2000R.