Question Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro not working with certain ryzen processors??

Zie000

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016
So I build a PC for a friend about 5-6 months ago and he got a Ryzen 7 2700 w/ B350 mobo and some Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB ram since he wanted it to look nice. We spend over 8 hrs trying to diagnose it while reseating drives, RAM, and CPU to try and eliminate as many variables as possible. Every time however, any load would cause windows to immediately bluescreen and give one of a few errors, a couple of which had to do with memory. We used a RAM tester and it was fine, put it in my other friends intel build and it could take heavy loads like gaming or benchmarks no problem. We replaced the RAM with something else and it worked perfectly fine from then on and hes been enjoying it. Fast forward to yesterday when a 3rd friend was building a new PC with the same ram, but with a B450 Motherboard and a 3700X. Similar issues except this time, windows couldn't even install without getting corrupted mid install. We tried all the same steps minus the RAM test because that takes forever and the computer still wouldnt work. He replaced the RAM today and it installed windows and it works like a charm now. It seems as though this RAM kit is incompatible with something but I dont know whether its a ryzen problem, a B-50 motherboard problem or what. First motherboard was a AORUS b350 and second was the ROG Gaming B450. Specifically we had the white 16GB 3200 MHz kit is the one we had both times. Has anyone else had this same issue, or has that ram working in a ryzen machine? I couldnt seem to find anything online about this and corsair claims they should be compatible, but its hard for me to believe its just pure coincidence that the exact same kit gave similar issues both times 6 months apart with different chipsets and motherboard manufacturers.

Zie000

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016
Ofc returned the RAM and swapped the kits out, but if you read the whole post, this occurred on 2 different occasions with different cpus and motherboards. Also 6 months apart so not just one kit, unless my local microcenter sold my 2 friends the exact same kit after that time period. I doubt that's the case especially because its the first kit of RAM they suggest for any gaming build $1000-$1600. Also, the first set that didn't work we not only did a full RAM test (MemTest86), but we also swapped it into an intel machine and it didnt present any issues, even under load. Second time around we simply told him to go swap it for a different kit and lo and behold it worked perfectly after that.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
my apologies. i read the post as you tried it once, then out it aside until you tried the same kit months later.

i did not pick up that it was different kits each time. :(

but there is a lot of ram incompatibility with ryzen. i don't think there is a fix or a way to get it working if it does not want to. the answer is usually what you did, which is swap it out for a different kit and try again.

again sorry, for misunderstanding your post.

Reactions: Zie000