[SOLVED] Corsair RM650x PSU help

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Does anyone own one of these RMx PSU? Is it normal for the PSU fan to stop spinning just right after the PC goes to desktop screen? When I turn on the PC, the PSU fan will spin, but once I pass the bootup into the desktop screen, the fan stops spinning. Is this normal for these new PSU nowadays?

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Does anyone own one of these RMx PSU? Is it normal for the PSU fan to stop spinning just right after the PC goes to desktop screen? When I turn on the PC, the PSU fan will spin, but once I pass the bootup into the desktop screen, the fan stops spinning. Is this normal for these new PSU nowadays?

Yea usually. They start spinning when it get's under load.
Same like the newer GPUs, it's called "Desktop Mode".
When the temperature hit's a certain Degree or the power consumption rises, the fans will start to spin.

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
OK OK I seriously want to double check this with you guys because I just bought this RM650x and I don't see any PSU testing software to test it. However, I thought maybe I purchased a defect PSU. Plus, I haven't really bought any newer PSU lately.

Perhaps, how can I check to see if my PSU fan isn't working properly? ..only when I turn on my PC?