Corsair RM650x PSU Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Another Corsair PSU is in the lab, commanding our attention. We already reviewed the RM750x and RM550x, so we couldn't leave out the RM650x. It promises the same high performance as its siblings, along with super quiet operation.

Corsair RM650x PSU Review : Read more

You're thinking of the older RM650, different design.

The review here just made this unit be one of my recommended 650 models, tied with the EVGA G2/P2 and just below the Seasonic 660XP2!

pjc6281

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
I have had this PSU for my new Skylake build for 2 months. Its GREAT, quiet and even have it pushing my old dinosaur Nvidia 590 with no problems. My old power supply was a Corsair AX1200 that was rock solid as well. Nothing but good experiences with them. I know others differ.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah, I believe you are confusing the RMx and RMi with the older, mostly discontinued RM line. And of the old RM line only the 750w and 850w versions that were first made by Chicony Power Technology had the bad reputation. Anyone bashing the RMx and RMi doesn't know what they are talking about. Once misinformation gets out there it's hard to get it corrected though.

Another great review Aris! :)

D

Deleted member 217926

Seasonic doesn't have a lock on quality. They also don't offer a 10 year warranty which both Corsair and EVGA do on some models. Just off the top of my head Flextronics, CWT and SuperFlower are all capable of making units that are at least equal to high end Seasonic quality. There are others as well.

Plus, efficiency levels are typically better with EVGA than Seasonic.

D

Deleted member 217926

:??: Not sure what you mean. EVGA has a couple of 80 Plus Titanium models but Seasonic has Titanium models in their new lineup. I'm not sure if those new Seasonic models are available yet though. Other than that I've had an 80 Plus Platinum Seasonic ( 660XP2 ) for a couple of years and their Platinum line has been out since at least 2011.

But in this case there is a lot of people experiencing similar problems on Seasonic Platinum based units. Not that random DOA unit.

powernod

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Aris keeps making his reviews wider & even more detailed! His new addition , "evaluating protection features", is another crucial addition at the PSU Review field!! If he continoues this way, soon , every review of him, will be a standalone book!!:wahoo:

dark-ice

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
I wanted to buy an EVGA P2 650W but amazon doesn't have stock, so I think I'm going to buy this one instead.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
I have corsair in my current rig, no problems at all for years. No crashes due to power fluctuation like you can get from cheap PSU.

the only Corsair PSU's i see getting bashed in the forums are their CX line of PSU's. mind you people are bashing them yet they don't realize the CX line is not meant for anything other then office computers

I've been running a Corsair HX750 for almost 4 years now and has never skipped a beat

Status
Not open for further replies.