Question Corsair RM750 Not Compatible with Motherboard?

Dec 27, 2019
I have an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard, and theres a slot that says EATX12V and the Corsair RM750 doesnt seem to have a proper connector for this, am I just doing something wrong or do I just not have the proper cable for this, and is it even necessary to power this slot?

Dec 27, 2019
Dec 27, 2019
There is a small clip holding thing on the top side of that connecter on the motehrboard, when you put the connector in, make sure the 2x 4 pin cables are held together tightly and the small clips on it should grab onto the small ledge thats on top of the motherboard connector.
Right, but the sequence of shapes for the connectors dont match up. It needs to be pin 1 and 4 square, and pin 2 and 3 square on the other row and it's only 1 square pin in the 4th slot on top and 1 square pin on the 3rd pin on bottom

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
If I look at pictures again, I might made a mistake and the ledge that holds the clips is on the bottom for you. So the clips should be facing down once you put them in. The patterns will match this way too if I see the pictures.

Dec 27, 2019
If I look at pictures again, I might made a mistake and the ledge that holds the clips is on the bottom for you. So the clips should be facing down once you put them in. The patterns will match this way too if I see the pictures.
No matter which way I flip it the pattern does not match up because there are 4 square slots on the motherboard socket and only 2 on this cable

Dec 27, 2019
After googeling a bit, I found that the RM750 you have (Had the RM750X in mind for a bit) comes with a EPS12V cable: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-eps12v.217277/
However, on this list your Z170 is listed... http://www.pc-specs.com/psu/Corsair/Corsair_RM750_750W/1686/Compatible_Motherboards
So it really should work.
I think I got it in, so now I have a check list.

I have my Hard drive SATA plugged in, the SSD Sata plugged in, the DVD drive Sata plugged in, the EATX12V plugged in, I have the massive like 24 pin one plugged in, and the PCIE plugged into my GPU am I missing anything else?

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
I think I got it in, so now I have a check list.

I have my Hard drive SATA plugged in, the SSD Sata plugged in, the DVD drive Sata plugged in, the EATX12V plugged in, I have the massive like 24 pin one plugged in, and the PCIE plugged into my GPU am I missing anything else?
If you got both data cables and power cables plugged in for the drives, I think you are set. You will find out soon enough if you miss anything anyway ;) Just dont forget to plug the monitor in :D
I am curious if you got the Aura board how you managed to get it to work, because according to that list from earlier that one is not supported by the RM750, but that list can be false.

Dec 27, 2019
If you got both data cables and power cables plugged in for the drives, I think you are set. You will find out soon enough if you miss anything anyway ;) Just dont forget to plug the monitor in :D
I am curious if you got the Aura board how you managed to get it to work, because according to that list from earlier that one is not supported by the RM750, but that list can be false.
Well I have everything plugged in but it wont turn on so I'm basically just going to go cry now

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
Well I have everything plugged in but it wont turn on so I'm basically just going to go cry now
Can you include a picture of the current state of the connector of your CPU?
No lights turn on at all?
Have yoou switched the PSU button?
Have you properly installed the front I/O /Power button?

(PS, sorry if it takes a while to respond. I have to do stuff meanwhile)

Dec 27, 2019
Can you include a picture of the current state of the connector of your CPU?
No lights turn on at all?
Have yoou switched the PSU button?
Have you properly installed the front I/O /Power button?

(PS, sorry if it takes a while to respond. I have to do stuff meanwhile)
I forgot to flip the switch on the back, it turned on lol. Thanks a lot for your help you've been a life saver.

yourilevoye

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
I forgot to flip the switch on the back, it turned on lol. Thanks a lot for your help you've been a life saver.
This is also a panic cause for me Everytime I forget that switch...
Hope everything works now. Keep in mind that if something doesn't work you should stay relaxed and sometimes take a short break. Trust me, breaks help.

Reactions: Marik96