[SOLVED] Corsair RM750i vs RM750x vs Seasonic Flagship Prime Series 80+ Titanium

Oct 14, 2020
Hi, im currently saving up for a brand new pc build and I wanted to get an A tier psu and these are the ones I've stumbled upon. (Anything above this exceeds my budget, please refrain from suggesting expensive PSUs)

Corsair RM750i - 144 usd
Corsair RM750x - 142 usd
Seasonic Flagship Prime Series 650w 80+ Titanium - 144 usd

Is there a difference between their build qualities, cables, etc? (I've heard that the corsair RMi series have bad non flexible cables)

PC build specifications:
Ryzen 5 3600 (WILL OC)
B450M Steel Legend
Ripjaws V 3200 MHz DDR4 2x8 GB
Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB (Non AORUS)
Arctic P12 exhaust fans
TD500 Mesh

Thanks! Much love from the Philippines!

Solution
SeaSonic SSR-650PD is exactly like a RM750i
Oh, if they're exactly the same (in terms of internal components
No they're not. RM-i is made by CWT, not Seasonic. But that doesn't make RM-i a bad PSU. Out of these three i'm more inclined to RM-i since there were some reports of fan ticking on Seasonic PSUs but really, with 10\12 years warranty you can't go wrong with either.
SeaSonic have only 1 PSU model that made not by their OEM fabric, so SeaSonic is better here
I recall us talking about that a few times already. Whether or not an OEM sells their units under their own brand doesn't make it bad or good, it's completely irrelevant. Because first, even though Seasonic technically has it's own factory - pretty much all...
The RM750i and RM750x are both excellent power supplies. The 750i is considered multi-rail but it's just extra voltage shunts monitoring groups of wires so the only real difference is that it may have better short protection than the 750x. I've had the 750x for a while now and it's been perfect.

I don't have personal experience with the Seasonic. Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Well RM750i anyway better than RM750x cause of fan at least, SeaSonic SSR-650PD is exactly like a RM750i, so dunno, anyway I would prefer SeaSonic because they are best in the world and I just trust them more, Corsair have some models which is really cheap, SeaSonic have only 1 PSU model that made not by their OEM fabric, so SeaSonic is better here, and usd is the same, perfect

Oct 14, 2020
The RM750i and RM750x are both excellent power supplies. The 750i is considered multi-rail but it's just extra voltage shunts monitoring groups of wires so the only real difference is that it may have better short protection than the 750x. I've had the 750x for a while now and it's been perfect.

I don't have personal experience with the Seasonic. Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

Thanks for the info! Although that did not answer my question, I appreciate you coming down this thread and leaving a reply. :]

Oct 14, 2020
Well RM750i anyway better than RM750x cause of fan at least, SeaSonic SSR-650PD is exactly like a RM750i, so dunno, anyway I would prefer SeaSonic because they are best in the world and I just trust them more, Corsair have some models which is really cheap, SeaSonic have only 1 PSU model that made not by their OEM fabric, so SeaSonic is better here, and usd is the same, perfect

Oh, if they're exactly the same (in terms of internal components, features and cables, then I'd go with the RM750i as it is said to be an A Tier PSU, and mainly because it has higher wattage compared to the Seasonic for the same price. Thank you! :]

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Oh, if they're exactly the same (in terms of internal components, features and cables, then I'd go with the RM750i as it is said to be an A Tier PSU, and mainly because it has higher wattage compared to the Seasonic for the same price. Thank you! :]
yeah no problem, maybe my love to SeaSonic is something came from the past ... but yeah, RM750i is definitely amazing

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
SeaSonic SSR-650PD is exactly like a RM750i
Oh, if they're exactly the same (in terms of internal components
No they're not. RM-i is made by CWT, not Seasonic. But that doesn't make RM-i a bad PSU. Out of these three i'm more inclined to RM-i since there were some reports of fan ticking on Seasonic PSUs but really, with 10\12 years warranty you can't go wrong with either.
SeaSonic have only 1 PSU model that made not by their OEM fabric, so SeaSonic is better here
I recall us talking about that a few times already. Whether or not an OEM sells their units under their own brand doesn't make it bad or good, it's completely irrelevant. Because first, even though Seasonic technically has it's own factory - pretty much all it does is final assembly and QC, everything else is outsourced to other manufacturers, in this regard, Seasonic is way inferior to CWT (RM-i's manufacturer) since CWT does way more in-house. But again, that says almost nothing about quality specific PSU, it's not that simple as 'Seasonic makes their own PSUs so it's the best', no.

Solution

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018

I recall us talking about that a few times already. Whether or not an OEM sells their units under their own brand doesn't make it bad or good, it's completely irrelevant. Because first, even though Seasonic technically has it's own factory - pretty much all it does is final assembly and QC, everything else is outsourced to other manufacturers, in this regard, Seasonic is way inferior to CWT (RM-i's manufacturer) since CWT does way more in-house. But again, that says almost nothing about quality specific PSU, it's not that simple as 'Seasonic makes their own PSUs so it's the best', no.
But all OEM usually good, Super Flower, Seasonic, Enermax (was), so it's old logic, anyway right now there is many brands that merely buy from CWT or Sirtec etc.
But talking about RM-i, I didnt said they are exactly same platform and so on, I said they are both same by dc-dc, llc, capacitors, so there is no difference, they are both good, but SeaSonic is still leader and it's fact, anyway I bought FractalDesign ion+ and dont care to anything cuz it's wild :smiley_face:

TRENDING THREADS