Question Corsair RM750x buzzing when off

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Hello, after 12 hours. I finally built my PC. Now I plugged to power cord, switched the psu to on and I'm ready to turn it on BUT it is making a buzzing noise even though the PC is off it's making me rather uneasy and I don't know if I should remove the psu and rma it or not... What to do?.

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Where are you located? Are your outlets grounded?
Sorry for the late reply I didn't see the notification. I live in Morocco, my outlets only have 2 holes which means they aren't grounded I guess.. I have an outlet extension cord plugged into the wall outlet and another extension cord plugged into the first extension cord.. My cables are plugged into the second extension cord that is plugged into a UPS that's plugged into the first extension cord. It's complicated but that's how it is.. the wall outlet isn't close and I have others devices that need to be plugged too..

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply I didn't see the notification. I live in Morocco, my outlets only have 2 holes which means they aren't grounded I guess.. I have an outlet extension cord plugged into the wall outlet and another extension cord plugged into the first extension cord.. My cables are plugged into the second extension cord that is plugged into a UPS that's plugged into the first extension cord. It's complicated but that's how it is.. the wall outlet isn't close and I have others devices that need to be plugged too..

Ok.. That's TMI. ;-)

The important thing you mentioned is that your outlets aren't grounded.

Your PSU isn't "dying". The noise isn't "dangerous". But if your outlets aren't grounded, your system isn't protected if something were to happen. It's not a good idea at all to use a PC on a non-grounded outlet.

Reactions: UncleFelow

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Ok.. That's TMI. ;-)

The important thing you mentioned is that your outlets aren't grounded.

Your PSU isn't "dying". The noise isn't "dangerous". But if your outlets aren't grounded, your system isn't protected if something were to happen. It's not a good idea at all to use a PC on a non-grounded outlet.
Alright.. but isn't my UPS protecting my PC anyway even if the wall outlet isn't grounded?.

Last edited: