[SOLVED] Corsair rm750x dilema

Marraxo

Commendable
Apr 3, 2020
This pc im using(main pc) has a Seasonic core GM-650 PSU and works just fine. But, because my 2ª pc that i use for work has a old psu that is making a lot of noise i decided to buy a new psu for my main pc( the one im using) and use the seasonic on the old one.
I bought a Corsair RM750x but when i plugged it in, it doesnt boot. The front fans spin for a second and then nothing. But when i use the corsair on the old pc with a pentium g4560 and gtx 960 1 hhd and 1 ssd it works.
Plugged the seasonic back on the main pc and its working just fine. What do u think? faulty corsair psu?
My seasonic 650w can boot the sistem but the corsair 750w cant...

Solution
Are there any modular cables belonging to the Seasonic semi modular psu that you're trying to connect Corsair with? Sata, pcie etc?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Were very lucky Corsair detected a short and hopefully prevented the component from frying. Wish modular cables were universal for convenience but sadly the industry is not. Pin diagram +/- are often located differently between brands and sometimes models. Rule of thumb, only use cables the psu comes with unless you can verify with multimeter.