[SOLVED] corsair rm850x 2018 connectors

Haxorx21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015
Hi,
I might be getting a 3080 soon but it will require 3 8 pins and my psu only has 2 cables/connectors for pci. I tried to look at the product page but the way they have it labeled confuses me so I can't tell how many pcie/vga connectors there are and how many cpu ones there are. Could anyone help me with how its labeled?
thanks

Haxorx21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015
Cables and connectors are two different things.

The RM850x has 3 PCIe cables. Each cable has 2 connectors on it, for a total of 6 connectors. This means you have 3 x 8 pin (6+2) PCIe cables.
oh when I said that I meant my psu has 2 cables and only 2 connectors for said 2 cables. So the rm850x can use all 3 8 pin cables at the same time? As well as having 2 cables for cpu power as well? Im too used to evga labeling where every connector is labeled so I dont have to guess what the label is over.

Haxorx21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015
Correct. The CPU and PCIe cables are completely separate.
looking at the picture again, I see 5 8 pin connectors. There are 4 on the bottom row and 1 on the top left. The top left one is different from the bottom 4 which are all identical from what I can see so im assuming its for the cpu. However, if three of those are for pcie, what is the last 8 pin for? Id assume cpu but its different from the one above it. Ill add an imgur link below: View: https://imgur.com/Uj2pQon

Thanks for the help

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
looking at the picture again, I see 5 8 pin connectors. There are 4 on the bottom row and 1 on the top left. The top left one is different from the bottom 4 which are all identical from what I can see so im assuming its for the cpu. However, if three of those are for pcie, what is the last 8 pin for? Id assume cpu but its different from the one above it. Ill add an imgur link below: View: https://imgur.com/Uj2pQon

Thanks for the help
The top one is upside down from the bottom ones, look at the latch.

Reactions: PC Tailor