[SOLVED] Corsair RMA rules, limitations? Should I go corsair/nzxt?

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
So I was planning to buy a corsair/nzxt aio cooler. I don't pretty much care about the performance, I'm more on aesthetic cause I never overclock.
All I want is a brand that offers a really good service in case other hardware part gets damaged because of their product leaking.

1. Do they have a limit on how much they can refund? example an rtx 2060super with r5 2600 strix motherboard, would all of it gets refunded?
  2. Do they need a receipt for the damaged hardware too or just the item itself? cause I already lost some of my receipt.
  3. Do all of their AIO product support this kind of warranty? or is limited to some products only?

Solution
  1. They dont have written policy on component replacement, most of the time its just Corsair/NZXT/etc offering good business practices. They are not actually responsible.
  2. They would probably want an invoice, but would likely only pay current prices if lower.
  3. See 1, its not an actual policy.
Here is a snippet from their warranty terms:
Hydro X Series Limited Warranty Terms
"Corsair warranty does not cover any hardware damage resulting from poorly executed, improper, and otherwise hasty assembly of your custom water-cooling system."

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033067832-Corsair-Warranty

Nowhere does it state what they do in the event of a manufacturer error, that way they can address it...
  1. They dont have written policy on component replacement, most of the time its just Corsair/NZXT/etc offering good business practices. They are not actually responsible.
  2. They would probably want an invoice, but would likely only pay current prices if lower.
"Corsair warranty does not cover any hardware damage resulting from poorly executed, improper, and otherwise hasty assembly of your custom water-cooling system."

Nowhere does it state what they do in the event of a manufacturer error, that way they can address it on a case by case basis.

Solution

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

Nowhere does it state what they do in the event of a manufacturer error, that way they can address it on a case by case basis.

really? oh no. I actually thought it's a on their terms so that in case they would not, we have our consumer rights backing us up but it turns out that we don't have that kind of chance at all.

Consumers rights is about not misleading consumers. Damages to bought goods is covered by warranties. Consequential damage is the reason we have insurances. The latter can be covered by the manufacturer/seller for commercial reasons, but never count on that