Question Corsair RMx Series RM850x

The gauge and quality are fine, but there are inline capacitors for additional ripple suppression so if you plan to do anything aesthetically with the cables you will want to simply buy a whole new set because you really can't individually sleeve those cables that have caps inline. Keep in mind that aftermarket sleeved cables, even the best of them, do NOT come with the inline caps so you will suffer some MINOR increase in additional ripple with a set of aftermarket cables.

If you want a really great power supply and you plan to custom sleeve the cables, and therefore WANT cables that are not going to have inline caps, I'd look to the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium units. Most everything else these days, well not everything, but a LOT of them, have inline caps.

If you have no plans for sleeving, then the RMx is good quality in all regards including cables.

Feb 28, 2019
The gauge and quality are fine, but there are inline capacitors for additional ripple suppression so if you plan to do anything aesthetically with the cables you will want to simply buy a whole new set because you really can't individually sleeve those cables that have caps inline. Keep in mind that aftermarket sleeved cables, even the best of them, do NOT come with the inline caps so you will suffer some MINOR increase in additional ripple with a set of aftermarket cables.

If you want a really great power supply and you plan to custom sleeve the cables, and therefore WANT cables that are not going to have inline caps, I'd look to the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium units. Most everything else these days, well not everything, but a LOT of them, have inline caps.

If you have no plans for sleeving, then the RMx is good quality in all regards including cables.
Im not too sure what "inline caps" are :unsure:
Maybe im stupid:tearsofjoy:

Feb 28, 2019
Inline capacitors. For ripple filtering.

Ohhh okay.
But the cables that comes with the psu, are corsairs own sleeved cables.
So it should be fine? or

Yes, they are Corsair's own cables. If you don't plan to custom sleeve, there is no reason to be concerned about the cables. They are as good or better quality as any other power supply at that price range, and better than many that are more expensive.

Feb 28, 2019
Yes, they are Corsair's own cables. If you don't plan to custom sleeve, there is no reason to be concerned about the cables. They are as good or better quality as any other power supply at that price range, and better than many that are more expensive.
I dont know, if im being stupid right now, but is there any reason to sleeve already sleeved cables? :unsure:

Sleeved cables that come with most power supplies.

Evga-Supernova-750-G2-G3-18-Pin.jpg

Custom sleeved cables (AN example. Possibilities are practically endless on what you can do with different colors and designs)

Modular_3__84519.1525991002.jpg

Those still have inline caps, as mentioned here:

In order to deliver optimal ripple performance, Corsair equips its white RMx units with individually sleeved cables that have in-line capacitors. The aesthetic result of those caps might not be pleasing to perfectionists, but because of them, the RM850x's ripple suppression reaches jaw-dropping levels.

But given the fact that they ARE already individually sleeved, I agree there is little reason to want to do any custom sleeving yourself or replace them with aftermarket versions. Those are even better cables than with the regular version of that unit so you should have no worries at all. Not even sure why you'd think you would to be honest. There is no use case where I can imagine you'd have a problem related to those cables.

Feb 28, 2019
Those still have inline caps, as mentioned here:

But given the fact that they ARE already individually sleeved, I agree there is little reason to want to do any custom sleeving yourself or replace them with aftermarket versions. Those are even better cables than with the regular version of that unit so you should have no worries at all. Not even sure why you'd think you would to be honest. There is no use case where I can imagine you'd have a problem related to those cables.
Arrrrhhhh, now i get it hahah.
God damn it, why im i this stupid xd