Question CORSAIR RMx Shift Series RM1200x

Ahumado

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
I have a Corsair RMx Shift Series RM1200x PSU. I installed to an ASRock Z97 Extreme Mobo. It started right up and I used it for a few hours. The next time I started that system it would "turn on" but I could not get it to output to the monitor. I spent a few hours doing all the usual troubleshooting (reconnecting plugs, moving memory, swapping cables, new outlets) but it would not start. I contacted Corsair and they had me do the "paperclip" test and it checked out. I have a PSU tester and following Corsair's instructions the PSU was determined by Corsair, based on the data from the PSU tester readout AND that the system starts right up when I put the old PSU back in, to be faulty. Today the replacement PSU arrived and I have the very same no boot issue. What am I missing? What is Corsair missing? Any help will save me further skinning my fingers. Thanks

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a Corsair RMx Shift Series RM1200x PSU. I installed to an ASRock Z97 Extreme Mobo. It started right up and I used it for a few hours. The next time I started that system it would "turn on" but I could not get it to output to the monitor. I spent a few hours doing all the usual troubleshooting (reconnecting plugs, moving memory, swapping cables, new outlets) but it would not start. I contacted Corsair and they had me do the "paperclip" test and it checked out. I have a PSU tester and following Corsair's instructions the PSU was determined by Corsair, based on the data from the PSU tester readout AND that the system starts right up when I put the old PSU back in, to be faulty. Today the replacement PSU arrived and I have the very same no boot issue. What am I missing? What is Corsair missing? Any help will save me further skinning my fingers. Thanks
Did you use only the cables that came with the PSU the new shift comes with type 5 cables.

Ahumado

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
you sure you got the CPU seated correctly?

Loose CPU fan?

Did you build this?

We need any all info you can provide.

Do you have a computer friend who can help? I find this really helpful.
I did not do anything with the CPU or it's cooler because it works when I have the old PSU installed.
Yes I built this system.
I am going to write my guru and see what he suggests

Reactions: sonofjesse