Corsair rmx vs seasonic focus plus

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
I'm looking for the best power supply that is also quiet between the corsair rmx and seasonic focus plus which one would you take?

WAG12

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
I'm looking for the best power supply that is also quiet between the corsair rmx and seasonic focus plus which one would you take?

I fully intended to buy a Corsair RM850X for a new build but I saw a Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-850FX on sale for $109.99 with tax and shipping came out to $120.16 and had a $30 rebate making the final price $90.16; that seemed like too good of a deal to pass up as it would have cost me $130 to buy the Corsair RM850X. After reading all the reviews I could find and there is a very good one at Tom's Hardware, it seemed like the Seasonic was actually a little better in most categories than the Corsair except for noise. The Corsair was quite a bit quieter under heavy load than the Seasonic. But the Seasonic is actually very quiet up until around 500watts before it starts to get noisy; the Corsair has a larger 135mm fan vs. the 120mm on the Seasonic which allows it to be quieter under heavy loads. Since I never reach 500watts usage anyway that doesn't really bother me. The Seasonic is actually very compact being only 5.5" wide compared to 6.3" wide for the Corsair; this means it will fit into almost any case and allowed me room to mount another 140mm fan in the bottom of my case. Surprisingly according to Newegg, the smaller Seasonic FOCUS Plus SSR-850FX weighs 7.3 lbs while the larger Corsair RM850X weighs 3.66 lbs. Call me old school but I like heavy power supplies. So far I'm very happy with the Seasonic; it has been very quiet while doing it's job.

Reactions: Bamda