[SOLVED] Corsair Sabre RGB problem

Ateretu

Reputable
Feb 19, 2020
(Sorry for my english)

Hello!

I came here with problem with my mouse (Corsair Sabre RGB). So, sometimes my mouse does not turn on when computer starts, I have to reconnect it to the computer also it happens that mouse is turned on but I can't see cursor on desktop so I have to wait 30 sec to 1 min to show himself. Should I send it back under warranty or it is a problem that can be fixed.

Thanks for answers!

Solution
I have the same mouse and the issue isn't with the mouse but instead with the Corsair iCUE software.

I've had that issue randomly for the past 3 or so years and in that time, i've also replaced my mouse under warranty (the middle mouse button stopped working at some point).
Of course, i also have a plethora of Corsair peripherals as well, that my iCUE has to manage (KB, mouse pad, headset stand and headset - the full suite). So, randomly, some of my Corsair peripherals doesn't start working when booting up. I've had to replug my KB, my mouse and my headset for them to start working. I've also went through several iCUE versions, as iCUE is getting updated and i still have that issue.
Moreover, on my 2nd PC (Haswell, full specs with pics...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I have the same mouse and the issue isn't with the mouse but instead with the Corsair iCUE software.

I've had that issue randomly for the past 3 or so years and in that time, i've also replaced my mouse under warranty (the middle mouse button stopped working at some point).
Of course, i also have a plethora of Corsair peripherals as well, that my iCUE has to manage (KB, mouse pad, headset stand and headset - the full suite). So, randomly, some of my Corsair peripherals doesn't start working when booting up. I've had to replug my KB, my mouse and my headset for them to start working. I've also went through several iCUE versions, as iCUE is getting updated and i still have that issue.
Moreover, on my 2nd PC (Haswell, full specs with pics in my sig), i also have Corsair peripherals, which are almost the same ones as on my main PC (Skylake, full specs with pics in my sig) and even on there, i've had issues of Corsair peripherals not starting on boot up at rare instances.

Here, replacing your mouse doesn't fix the issue. Though, you can go through the trouble if you like. However, you can create a support ticket with Corsair to get more help from them.
Though, i haven't done it so far since i can not reliably recreate the issue and it's completely random at which boot up my peripherals do work and on which ones they don't. So, me complaining to Corsair about it, without being able to give Corsair solid data, so they can reproduce the issue on their end, isn't helping. At this point, i've gotten used to it and can live with it comfortably, while hoping that at one time, new iCUE version fixes it once and for all.

However, if the issue is annoying to you, feel free to contact Corsair about it (i doubt that they can help you). But at least, it's something. :)

Reactions: Ateretu
Solution

Ateretu

Reputable
Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for reply! I also have the problem with side buttons they didin't work so I had to use magic and repair it in ICUE. Problem isn't very annoying and I'm calmer now that this is not mouse problem. I think I have to live with this. Anyway, thanks for reply again. Have a nice day!

Reactions: Aeacus

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I also have the problem with side buttons

Lately, i've also had issues with side buttons not working.

I spotted the issue in one of my 3rd person games, where i use one of the side buttons for dodge. At some point, i couldn't dodge at all. So, put the game on pause and Alt+Tab out, to check the iCUE. For some reason, my iCUE completely crashed (no errors, nothing, just program wasn't running). So, i launched iCUE again and side buttons work without issues.
This has happened for 3-4 times in this month already and it's annoying, when i need to dodge in the game at crucial moment and i can't (since iCUE isn't running).
I'm thinking to poke Corsair about it.

Ateretu

Reputable
Feb 19, 2020
Yea, there's a lot of problems with ICUE I can hear. My friend has corsair water cooling I don't remember exact model but sometimes ICUE turns off or changes its fans backlight.