Question Corsair SATA power connector issues?

Nov 4, 2019
I recently got a new Western Digital 12 TB SATA hard drive. I installed in in the system, but it didn't show up in bios or windows disk manager. Swapped around SATA cables and power connectors with other (working) drives in the system, and still nothing... Finally plugged it into an older system but had to use one of those Molex to SATA power adapter thingies, and lo and behold - the drive shows up!
Moved it back to my main system, with the adapter thingy and it works - so I'm wondering if there's some sort of issues with SATA power connectors? It's not the drive as the problem persists with a different WD 12 tb drive, and I tried several different SATA power connectors coming off the Power Supply. It's a Corsair 500W power supply...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Apparently the data cable/header isn't the problem if the drive works fine using the same data cables and the Molex adapter instead of the SATA power cable from the PSU. So...
Can you swap SATA power cables with a known working device like the boot drive and see what happens?
Also, please list the make model of your system components.

Nov 4, 2019
Already did that - that's what "Swapped around SATA cables and power connectors with other (working) drives in the system " was supposed to mean. I tried it on other Sata power connectors on the same chain as the boot drive as well as connectors on the second chain of SATA power connectors that the Corsair PSU has.
Since this happened with 2 different WD 12tb drives on all the same connectors that power other drives in the system with no issue, it almost seems like there is some sort of incompatability between the Corsair connectors and the ones on 12tb WD drives - but I find that hard to believe.
Corsair CX500 PSU, Western Digital HUH721212ALE600 hard drive.