Corsair to Release New 4GB and 8GB Vengeance SODIMMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
This tech is pretty cool, but it's sure expensive.

I mean- all laptops save AMD's APUs (and Ivy bridge which comes next year) can't drive memory faster than 1333 MHz.

Plus, the fact that you can get 8GB of RAM (Corsair's own, even) for 40 bucks kind of deflates the 80 dollar appeal, especially since it's 2 DIMMs instead of a single 8GB stick.

Of course... when Ivy Bridge DOES get moving, then these sticks begin to have a mainstream purpose.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
The problem that I see is that most laptops/notebooks are not up-gradable.
(or the few that are they are limited into how much ram we can install on them)

By limited I mean ... way more than PC's.

On the other hand this could mean that we could actually buy a laptop/notebook with a lot of ram in the near future.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]Most notebooks have 2 sodimm slots but there are several ones that allow 4 slots or even 6 slots. and you are just limited by the graphic card. nothing more. you can upgrade everything else.[/citation]

you you can upgrade most parts in a laptop, but the companies that make them often glue the sections of the plastic case together (like the top and bottom of my laptop are melded together somehow, probably plastic cement or something) so its a pain in the ass to upgrade them and when you do the cse doesnt fit together as snugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.