Question Corsair tx650 v1/v2 vs cx750 (2017 gray)

Sep 15, 2019
Hello im buying used psu. What is better? I'm currently using a
i5 3470
h61 gigabye mobo(will try to change mobo so that i can slighty oc the cpu by its multiplier )
2x4gb patriot ram
500gb hdd(going to buy 2 cause this hdd might fail in the near near future)
240gb ssd(might buy)
HIS rx 560 14cu no 6pin( currently not using it cause the psu might go boom boom)
currently using a generic psu

Going to buy rx 570/470/580/480 in the future... Thank you

cx 750- Greatwall model*so aggressive fan settings but better efficiency over the cwt model) (30$) 6months warranty-Online
Tx750v1/v2 - im still not sure of what version of tx it is. Might be 20-40$... also it might be 1 month because it is local

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well if it's the TX Bronze units then they are discontinued, but they were overbuilt for their needs, they were still tanks. Then maybe you would opt for a CX. The only reason they stopped the original TX was because they were too expensive for a bronze PSU, because they were overbuilt.

If it's one of the gold efficiency later TX, then unbdoubtedly the TX.

Reactions: Fortune14
Sep 15, 2019
Well if it's the TX Bronze units then they are discontinued, but they were overbuilt for their needs, they were still tanks. Then maybe you would opt for a CX. The only reason they stopped the original TX was because they were too expensive for a bronze PSU, because they were overbuilt.

If it's one of the gold efficiency later TX, then unbdoubtedly the TX.

So you mean... If it is a v1 I'll go with cx750. But if it is a tx bronze ill get the tx bronze(v2). Is this what you mean.
Ahm This is the cx750 that I am talking about the silver certified but marketed bronze

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Basically if it's the TX Gold series - get the TX
If it's the discontinued TX Bronze series, get the CX.
Although if you want my honest opinion, save up a little more and get a good quality new PSU with all the warranty, even just a new CX, then you get all 5 years for very little extra.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortune14
Sep 15, 2019
Basically if it's the TX Gold series - get the TX
If it's the discontinued TX Bronze series, get the CX.
Although if you want my honest opinion, save up a little more and get a good quality new PSU with all the warranty, even just a new CX, then you get all 5 years for very little extra.
Ty for the clarification dude. I'll note it ^^

TRENDING THREADS