[SOLVED] Corsair TX650m vs FSP Hydro GE650?

Badguy11

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
so I am stucked between these two PSUs, which one should i go with? The corsair one is ofc better than the other but is it worth paying extra, and also its not fully modular. Hydro GE650 is $70 while TX650m is $90 here. i m on tight budget :(

Specs are;
i5 6600
Asus z170k mobo
MSI Armor GTX1070 oc
corsair vengeance 8gb 2400mhz ram
1tb + 2tb 7200rpm hdd and 120gb ssd.

The PC is mainly used for gaming

Last edited:
Solution

Looks like its not even much better than the Corsair CX, maybe not at all.

WIth that information I would put the extra money towards the TX-M.

Looks like its not even much better than the Corsair CX, maybe not at all.

WIth that information I would put the extra money towards the TX-M.

Solution
I agree. Get the Corsair TXm model. This is a very good PSU.

The corsair one is ofc better than the other but is it worth paying extra, and also its not fully modular.

Whether it's really worth paying some extra cash depends on a lot of factors, your needs, usage and the system on which the PSU is going to be used. But for Gaming PCs, investing in a good quality PSU is worth in the long run. Having a high quality PSU is beneficial in the long run, assuming you have the Budget for the power supply.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

I agree. The TXM is a very reliable and efficient line of power supplies. Very good for the money usually.

Although the hydro would likely work aswell, i would stray away from this unit if possible.

The FSP Hydro GE ranks as a prebuilt replacement on the psu tier list while the TXM is ranked 2 tiers higher as a mid range unit. The Hydro GE is actually ranked a tier below the CX actually.

Never cheap out on your psu.
The TXM is worth the increase in budget for a system using dedicated graphics. For a system without high power draw components either is fine.

Reactions: Badguy11

TRENDING THREADS