[SOLVED] Corsair tx750 and Asus ROG Z390-E?

May 15, 2020
Hello,

Sorry for this noob question but I'm FINALLY after many years rebuilding my system and wondering if I could keep the same power supply. My current MOBO is an ASUS P5k pro and I'm using a Corsair TX750 power supply. The new mobo I will be using is an Asus ROG Z390-E. Would I be able to use this same power supply on my new board? I plan on running it with an intel i5 9400f CPU. Thanks for any info.

Solution
Hello,

Sorry for this noob question but I'm FINALLY after many years rebuilding my system and wondering if I could keep the same power supply. My current MOBO is an ASUS P5k pro and I'm using a Corsair TX750 power supply. The new mobo I will be using is an Asus ROG Z390-E. Would I be able to use this same power supply on my new board? I plan on running it with an intel i5 9400f CPU. Thanks for any info.

If it's the Bronze rated TX series, then thats an old PSU. Given that it's been used since day one, it would be wise to just buy another high quality PSU.

You can go with the newer TXm series, as those are very high quality PSU's.
Hello,

You can use it. How long have you had it? What GPU will you be using. It’s typically not good to use a PSU past the warranty period.

mangaman

Honorable
Hello,

If it's the Bronze rated TX series, then thats an old PSU. Given that it's been used since day one, it would be wise to just buy another high quality PSU.

You can go with the newer TXm series, as those are very high quality PSU's.

Reactions: Vic 40
Solution
May 15, 2020
Hello,

thanks so much for the info. I don't have the GPU officially picked out yet but it's not going to be anything major or do much heavy lifting at all. But the PSU is quite old and definitely out of warranty range. I think it's close to 9 years old at this point so maybe I would be better off just sucking it up and going with a new one?? It is the bronze one so I'll go ahead and change it out with the TXm one you mentioned. Thanks again for the info!!!