[SOLVED] Corsair TX750m connect to RTX 2070?

bamxyuri

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
Hello, I plan on building a gaming PC, but I don't understand why the semi-modular Corsair TX750m PSU has a build in cable for the motherboard and CPU (8pin), but still says 4+4 CPU and 6+2 pcie. I looked at the picture of the PSU on amazon and I would like to know if I can connect it to the MSI rtx 2070 super gaming x trio. The graphics card needs two 8 pin connectors but how do I connect them? There are two 8 pin connections on the TX750m, so do I use them both? If yes, which cable do I have to use and why is there written CPU 4+4?

Solution
Yes I saw the two PCI-E cables on the picture, but why does each of the cables have two 6+2pin connectors? If I plug the 8pin into the PSU modular connection and the 6+2 into the graphics card, why would there be one hanging?

You can use just one cable on the card and plug both of the ends into each 8pin since the cable is rated for the wattage. But most people will say run two separate cables and let the extra pin just hang.
Yes I saw the two PCI-E cables on the picture, but why does each of the cables have two 6+2pin connectors? If I plug the 8pin into the PSU modular connection and the 6+2 into the graphics card, why would there be one hanging?

You can use just one cable on the card and plug both of the ends into each 8pin since the cable is rated for the wattage. But most people will say run two separate cables and let the extra pin just hang.

Solution