[SOLVED] Corsair TX750M ticking

Riosko

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Greetings,
I come here asking whether or not this sound is a sign of a faulty, or problematic PSU, or a simple safety or efficiency gimmick. If you're asking which 'version' it is, it's the 80+ gold rated efficiency variant of it I guess. (I have no knowledge on Corsair products whatsoever) other than that, the PSU does boot, but upon turning it on and off it makes a rather ominous 'tick' noise. While i've read some other forums, some say it's either a relay within the component itself, or a ground fault somewhere.
So that's my question for today, and some help or input is greatly appreciated, thank you!

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Usually whenever someone say that they heard a ticking noise, you should look inside the power supply with a flash light and see if there is anything blocking the fan.
Else ticking sounds is not always a good sign and if you still have a warranty on it, RMA it instead.

Riosko

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Usually whenever someone say that they heard a ticking noise, you should look inside the power supply with a flash light and see if there is anything blocking the fan.
Else ticking sounds is not always a good sign and if you still have a warranty on it, RMA it instead.
I suppose i'll have to do that, I mean after all I did buy it second hand, for a rather reasonable price, so i'm uncertain if i'm able to do an RMA on it. But i'll definitely check whenever i get the chance to

Riosko

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
The ticking noise is normal , nothing wrong with your PSU. It's just the relay in the PSU's transient filter stage....Very normal , no issue there.
I see.
Appreciate the solid answer! But the reason this had me worried was because the previous supplies i've bought never had this 'feature', and me being a relatively newbie to pc building, this came as a bit of concern.
Other than that appreciate the input, nevertheless the answer to my concern

Reactions: Banned by Net