Question Corsair txm 750w 80+ gold not having additional 4-pin ATX power connector

Jul 20, 2019
I was just checking the compatibility of the parts that I think I will buy on black Friday (29nov) Then the messaged popped up that told me that the new PSU that I was thinking about buying apparently didn't have an additional 4-pin ATX power connector. "The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply an additional 12V current to the motherboard. " Is this something to worry about or is this ok? is anyone familiar with this power supply and this "problem"

here is the list of the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sajmen/saved/3r8PnQ

I already have everything on the list but the ram, cpu, cpu cooler, psu and mobo in my current pc. so thats the things that im going to replace. And one more thing I chose to get an aio to get space for my new ram, but I'm completely new to water coolers, and I'm not sure if the Kraken x52 or the corsair h100i RGB platinum is the best one? And when I say best i mean performance-wise. (cooling and noise).

Your parts list is private, so we can't see it.

Generally, you don't need the extra 4-pin. You have an 8-pin, and all you HAVE to have is a single 4-pin. Most boards that have 8-pin will work fine on just a 4-pin. But do use 8-pins if you have them.

You could probably find out in the pdf manual from the Gigabyte website on what they say about it.

Thansk for the answers. Here's the list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sajmen/saved/#view=3r8PnQ so everything will be fine???
Everything should work. I'd make a few changes though.

First, Gigabyte motherboards have the worst fan controllers and they typically make the fans louder and seem to ramp up more frequently; at least that's been my experience with Gigabyte motherboards (Z97 and Z270).

Next, I would get a 240GB SSD at least if not a 500GB if you want to install a couple games on it.

Finally, I would pick a monitor with FreeSync, because Nvidia GTX 10 series and up can use FreeSync.

Jul 20, 2019
Everything should work. I'd make a few changes though.

First, Gigabyte motherboards have the worst fan controllers and they typically make the fans louder and seem to ramp up more frequently; at least that's been my experience with Gigabyte motherboards (Z97 and Z270).

Next, I would get a 240GB SSD at least if not a 500GB if you want to install a couple games on it.

Finally, I would pick a monitor with FreeSync, because Nvidia GTX 10 series and up can use FreeSync.

I already have al the other parts except the CPU, CPU cooler, ram and mobo. And psu ofc. I will just upgrade those parts so I can't really change what's already bought a year ago. But thanks for the advice anyway!

And the thing about the mobo, I wrote on a swedish forum (swe clockers) about this and people recommended the z390 pro for my new cpu. But they also told me that gigabyte bios wasn't the best... but that's fine for me I think. You won't be in there so often anyway:)

And about the aio, do you think the corsair h100i platinum or the kraken x52 will cool my cpu better??