[SOLVED] Corsair type 3 and type 4 gpu cables

Kstryker

Commendable
May 10, 2019
I have a corsair rm1000x and I had a corsair type 3(i believe) cable to power my gpu that was a 8 pin to the psu and a daisy chain of a 8 pin and a 6 pin to the gpu. My new gpu needs two 8 pin conndctors so I ordered a new genuine corsair type 3/4 cable that's 8 pin to two 8 pin connectors to the gpu. I did a conductivity test on both the cables and found them to be wired differently bit according to literature I've found that "should be fine" as the entire top rows of each are still pins 1-4 in different orientations and the bottom row is 5-8 except 8 is the empty pin to the psu so that's pin 4. Everything I've found is that the entire top is 12v and bottom is ground so them not being the exact same should be fine. I'm just looking for someone smarter than me to agree with me before I defibrillate my new graphics card.

Kstryker

Commendable
May 10, 2019
I have a corsair rm1000x and I had a corsair type 3(i believe) cable to power my gpu that was a 8 pin to the psu and a daisy chain of a 8 pin and a 6 pin to the gpu. My new gpu needs two 8 pin conndctors so I ordered a new genuine corsair type 3/4 cable that's 8 pin to two 8 pin connectors to the gpu. I did a conductivity test on both the cables and found them to be wired differently bit according to literature I've found that "should be fine" as the entire top rows of each are still pins 1-4 in different orientations and the bottom row is 5-8 except 8 is the empty pin to the psu so that's pin 4. Everything I've found is that the entire top is 12v and bottom is ground so them not being the exact same should be fine. I'm just looking for someone smarter than me to agree with me before I defibrillate my new graphics card.