Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz BSOD?

H4ZZ4L33T

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
i've recently installed 16GB of a vengeance ram and twice i have had the Blue Screen of Death. i know it is the ram because i have only had this happen to me within the last week and i installed the ram on the 3rd of January.

Currently my Rig is

ASUS m5a78l-m/USB3 motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz
Sapphire 7870 OC GHz Edition
4 x 4gb Corsair Vengeance Ram 1600mhz.
600 Watt Power Supply
NZXT Phantom 410 (one of the case fans currently isn't working either, unsure of why)
I Use the standard AMD fan on my processor.

i used to use 4 x 2gb Samsung Ram 1333mhz. with the setup and it worked perfectly. at the moment it has only crashed while playing Borderlands 2 and League Of Legends. both at times when my PC had been on and running, playing other games for several hours.

i was wondering if anyone knew a fix to the problem?

maui67

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Have you tried running MemTest on the RAM?
You can get MemTest here: http://www.memtest.org/

I just recently had 2 X 2GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair XMS RAM crap out in my in-laws computer that I built for them. Corsair sent me an RMA number to return the ram and get it exchanged but I had to pay the shipping. I know that is standard practice, but I had a couple of Crucial sticks go bad a few years ago and they sent me the new sticks with a postage paid label to send the defective sticks back with. So instead of paying $10 for postage and packaging, I just bought 4GB of Crucial RAM at $17. However, your ram is much more expensive and is worth the expense to RMA them.

EDIT: Just noticed you bought the RAM within the last few weeks. You should be able to return it to where you bought it for an exchange and not even have to mess with an RMA with Corsair. Also, when using MemTest, test each stick separately.

H4ZZ4L33T

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
i have no idea what the ram is running at, i need to test it. i also moved rooms fairly recently. could be it's knocked something loose maybe?

i'll try using memtest now and get back to you on the results