Question Corsair Vengeance 5182 (suggestions for improvment)

J4CK20

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2013
  • CPU: i7-9700
  • Graphics: 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6
  • Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4-2666
  • Motherboard: b360m mortar (ms-7b23)
here it is for much higher than what i paid: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Gaming-i7-9700-GeForce/dp/B07Y16KZHM?th=1

i dont think im getting out what its capable of and im looking for suggestions for things i can do to help.
I bought this around 3 years ago and i want to upgrade but im not educated enough to ensure wise decisions. i assume motherboard>ram>gpu?
any suggestion is appreciated. even pointing me at something i should read up on. i havent even attempted to overclock anything

DSzymborski

Titan
What are the underlying data that indicated to you that you're not getting proper performance out of your RAM?

Generally speaking, a RAM upgrade from competent RAM for the system -- Intel CPUs of this era are far less hungry for fast RAM than Ryzens -- will only result in minimal performance increases in most applications, with the exception of getting more RAM in situations in which you're running out of RAM.

J4CK20

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2013
Generally speaking, a RAM upgrade from competent RAM for the system -- Intel CPUs of this era are far less hungry for fast RAM than Ryzens -- will only result in minimal performance increases in most applications, with the exception of getting more RAM in situations in which you're running out of RAM.
thats interesting. i only say ram because its on the lower end for speed and i tend to sit around 70% when im doing basic editing and gaming with all the crap i leave open or running in the background. ill try to research into if its even worthwhile