Question Corsair Vengeance 650m, 650w 80 Plus Silver - Horrible sounds

averagegamer89

Prominent
Oct 7, 2018
Hey!

I'bve had my current PC for less than a year now. And it started making some noise 2 months ago, but now it's really bad. I hear it through my headset, with music blasting. And people on discord can hear it unless I use push to talk.

Is this a known porblem with the Corsair Vengeance 650m, 650w 80 Plus Silver? I firend of mine said he had the same one, and used his warranty to swap it out 3 times, and after a few months the noise was back again. the 4th time he just got a PSU that was about 50 euro more expensive, free of charge.

Here's a link to youtube of the sound it makes. The first 12 or so seconds.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp44dZ3LeNo

Thanks for any feedback

averagegamer89

Prominent
Oct 7, 2018
We get a heap of threads here about audio not working on Discord.
From what I've seen so far, all you cand do is adjust the settings in Discord. And that often doesn't help.

The audio works, what I was refering to was that the noise can get so loud that it activates my microphone . And if it starts to go off while I'm talking they can hear the noise as well as they can hear my voice. :)

Hey!

I'bve had my current PC for less than a year now. And it started making some noise 2 months ago, but now it's really bad. I hear it through my headset, with music blasting. And people on discord can hear it unless I use push to talk.

Is this a known porblem with the Corsair Vengeance 650m, 650w 80 Plus Silver? I firend of mine said he had the same one, and used his warranty to swap it out 3 times, and after a few months the noise was back again. the 4th time he just got a PSU that was about 50 euro more expensive, free of charge.

Here's a link to youtube of the sound it makes. The first 12 or so seconds.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp44dZ3LeNo

Thanks for any feedback
If you're sure the noise is coming from the power supply and it's still under warranty you need to RMA it to Corsair. The Vengeance units are highly rated as very good units but it's possible there's something wrong with yours. Ask Corsair if it's possible to upgrade to a different model, with the RMA, such as RM650x and get credit for the price of the Vengeance model. I have no idea if they would do that but it never hurts to ask.

Last edited: