Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16) DRAM settings needed

farhanshaikh671

Commendable
May 21, 2018
Alright my new Ryzen 5 2400G build is up and running, except it has one problem - it can't game. The PC freezes as soon as there is a load on the GPU (I'm 100% sure that my DRAM settings are incorrect AND this is NOT a graphics driver related issue because I've already reinstalled the graphics drivers and Windows several times now). I can't seem to find stable settings anywhere on the internet (by settings I mean all timings and sub-timings from the BIOS). Tweaking these settings keeps the PC a tiny bit more stable but not much. Even on completely stock settings the PC tends to be much worse - crashing even under normal operations like browsing the internet. Anyone who has the same/similar RAM kit, please drop down your DRAM settings here. It would help me a ton. Thanks!

P.s. This RAM is listed in AMD's website but not in motherboard's memory QVL list. This shouldn't be an issue as far as I don't OC my RAM.

Mobo: Asus Prime B350M-K w/ latest BIOS (4011)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1x 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16)

NOTHING is OCed on the CPU and RAM side.

Solution
The kit doesn't look like it runs on Samsung b die, meaning it probably isn't going to have very good compatibility with ryzen, but it is possible. I would start with activating XMP and setting SOC voltage to 1.1v and memory voltage to 1.4v, then set it to 2400mhz at 18-18-18-18-36. If it crashes when you load a game, then you also might want to set the load line calibration of the SOC voltage up to level 2 or 3. Hope this helps and don't take these numbers definitively you might have to toy around with them

farhanshaikh671

Commendable
May 21, 2018
hmm that sounds convincing. But is it worth buying a new RAM stick though? Btw I have messed around w/ graphics memory thing in the BIOS.

Ok...here's the argument.

For: With two sticks of RAM, you'll game faster ram speeds, have more RAM, and as someone who was on APU gfx, I got annoyed at losing 2GB of my 8GB from the beginning.

Against: It's a guess. You could double the RAM, and get no improvement at all.

My suggestion would be to borrow two compatible sticks, or take it into a shop for a quick RAM slot test.

farhanshaikh671

Commendable
May 21, 2018

Ah nvm I sold the RAM stick and I'll buy a new one which is in the motherboard's QVL list.

Jun 13, 2018
The kit doesn't look like it runs on Samsung b die, meaning it probably isn't going to have very good compatibility with ryzen, but it is possible. I would start with activating XMP and setting SOC voltage to 1.1v and memory voltage to 1.4v, then set it to 2400mhz at 18-18-18-18-36. If it crashes when you load a game, then you also might want to set the load line calibration of the SOC voltage up to level 2 or 3. Hope this helps and don't take these numbers definitively you might have to toy around with them

Solution

TRENDING THREADS