Question Corsair Vengeance doesn't boot with 3200Mhz

Sep 18, 2019
Hello,

I recently assembled a new build and I've been trying to get my Ram to 3200Mhz but the computer doesn't seem to Post everytime I do this.

My mother board is an Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X.

On the BIOS I set the default DOCP which sets the RAM speed supposedly to 3200Mhz and 1.35V. When I restart the computer, nothing happens it just gives me a DRAM error. If I turn it off and on a couple seconds later, on the BIOS the Memory Speed is set to 3200Mhz, but the sticks are still set to 2133Mhz.

The model of my Ram is CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 and I'm using 2 sets of 2x16Gb for a total of 64Gb.

Thank you in advance for the help,

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm using 2 sets of 2x16Gb
From 2 different packs? There is probably your problem.

The manufacturing of RAM (and almost any PCB or chip) is actually a very delicate process, it is performed in very highly regulated clean rooms, and the material that goes into those components are also very delicate to change.

Each chip is cut out of silicon, and that silicon can be prone to various impurities or contamination even simply from dust, which can affect the compatibility of the modules. The point being, is they pre-determine the modules that will go in a pack, manufacture accordingly, and then test them on a system together at the end, so by all accounts, there are no guarantees thereafter.

You can actually buy 2 of the EXACT SAME MODEL RAM, but from 2 different packs, and they can (and have) not be compatible.

So does it not work all of the time? No, there are plenty of times where it does work.
But is it a gamble? Absolutely yes.

They may place nice, or they may stop your PC from booting at all, and in many cases, they work fine, but may cause instability later when you start overclocking, or changing platforms for example.

TRENDING THREADS